Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New build engine failure " What would you expect as a customer )
coyoteboy

posted on 20/1/17 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
If you purchase a product, even with "no warranty" in the UK, it is subject to the Sale of Goods act, as far as I can see. However they may claim the build was a service, not goods, but I think that's arguable.

"In the absence of a warranty the retailer of the goods is automatically liable for any faults which may develop within the first six months of ownership. Following this initial six month period the consumer will have to prove that any faults occurring are not down to misuse of the product or general wear and tear. Other factors such as the price paid, the specification or the model of the goods, the length of time you have had the goods and the length of time which they should last.

This means that if you have purchased a product which should last six years but which has broken down after only two the supplier or retailer will be liable to provide a satisfactory repair. If this cannot be done they should provide you with a replacement product. If neither of these can be agreed on then often a partial refund of the cost of the product can be provided."

owelly

posted on 21/1/17 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
I'd say you need to back up a bit......what was the original agreement? What did the detailed quote say? That's assuming that if you're spending £20,000 you would have all the bases covered in case anything went wrong......?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nickp

posted on 21/1/17 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I'd say you need to back up a bit......what was the original agreement? What did the detailed quote say? That's assuming that if you're spending £20,000 you would have all the bases covered in case anything went wrong......?

I think it's fair to assume that the 'original agreement' would involve the customer driving away with a working engine not a wheelbarrow full of expensive broken bits

perksy

posted on 21/1/17 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Any decent reputable engine builder should stand by his work

Once its started to be used in competition or similar, ok that's different

It should have been supplied on a safe map to start with before final set up

A mate had a competition engine rebuilt by a well known company and it went bang on the first run on the rollers.
The answer was you find a good used block and we'll provide and pay for everything else..

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.