Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megajolt Maps
Bigkiltedwarrior

posted on 20/3/17 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Megajolt Maps

S Io went ahead and bought a Megajolt setup with TPS. I have fitted this over the last week and fired her up yesterday on the EDIS4 unit alone. Surprisingly easier to fire up and smoother on idle already.

I was wondering if anyone has some maps that they have used successfully? I have looked at http://www.cate1.co.uk/megajolt/mapping.php (via waybackmachine archive) but seem to be for very standard or highly tuned (170bhp) applications.

I am currently running a 2ltr Pinto, 205 Block, Burton Stage 2 big valve head (44.5 inlets), Kent FR30 hi-torque cam and Twin Weber 45s.

Would be grateful for any maps which have been used for a near similar setup.

Thanks in advance as always.
Stewart

Pete Jordan

posted on 21/3/17 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
You could try this map someone posted on the Autosport Labs forum, or register there and ask if anyone has a suitable map.map

Pete

Jenko

posted on 21/3/17 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Reality is you will never get a map off the shelf that will suit your engine perfectly. You really do need to get it on the rolling road to get it optimised, especially as your engine has a fair few modifications. Understand it's not what you want to hear, but having been through this process in the past it really is the way to go. No matter how much optimising you do on the road it will never be as good as a rolling road. Plus you need to be careful of running too much advance as you could damage the engine.
The edis only will run a solid 10 deg advance.

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.