Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: yamaha r1 1998 turbo
r1waterboy

posted on 17/6/17 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
That's the weird thing carbs have been stripped down cleaned several times and now it's a 2nd set of carbs and still the same when miss fires it tends to be cylinder 4 all the plugs seem to be ok. Everytime I work on it I always end up back at the carbs thinking I've done something wrong when setting it up I.e the piping of it I've not adjusted the needle height but don't think that would cause the problem
r1waterboy

posted on 17/6/17 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
[Edited on 17/6/17 by r1waterboy]
CosKev3

posted on 17/6/17 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Check you have a spark on cylinder four I would,could be a lead breaking down,or a coil pack.
The other thing worth checking if it is a spark issue there is a resistor in the end of the spark plug boot.
If you look up inside the spark plug boot where it clips onto spark plug you will see you can undo the brass holder with a flat screwdriver.
Unscrew it and check for corrosion and you can check resistor with a multimeter.
Another handy tool for setting up your idle fuel mixture is a digital thermometer, they are peanuts on ebay.
Use it to compare temps of the headers,this will give you a good indication of how the cylinders are working.

r1waterboy

posted on 17/6/17 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ok I will try a few things tomorrow
r1waterboy

posted on 8/9/17 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
Im back sorry for not been back in touch other matters took over and kart had to be put aside. so nothing has changed still have the same issues can anyone suggest anything else to try and get to the bottom of this as getting to the stage iwhere i only see 1 outcome back to non turbo thanks.
CosKev3

posted on 8/9/17 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Going back to non turbo won't sort it!

As you have run it up with the plenum off so it was running non turbo then,just sucking air in through the carbs

r1waterboy

posted on 8/9/17 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
It's driving me mad only been at garage 1hr lol
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.