Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Alternatives to Burton Power? Are there any?
jps

posted on 17/4/18 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Alternatives to Burton Power? Are there any?

I'm just putting together the shopping list of parts I need to recon my '84 Pinto and Type 3 gearbox and some other Sierra bits. Pretty much just service parts but also some wheel bearings.

Burton Power have everything I need - but before I spend the best part of £200 are there any alternative suppliers that I need to be checking prices against?

ttalps2000

posted on 17/4/18 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
I found a few local autofactors were a bit cheaper, but usually poor quality.

i generally use Burton's for most parts that i need now

nick205

posted on 17/4/18 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
I've used Burtons and whilst they're not the cheapest their parts are good and their staff know what they're talking about.

For some Ford parts I' used my local Ford main dealer. Again not the cheapest, but good quality parts and the guy on the counter was genuinely interested in what I was doing with them. He even asked me to take the MK Indy in to show him once it was road legal.

Motor factors can be good and bad. Personally I use one behind work where I'm on good terms with the owner and he gives good parts and prices.

theduck

posted on 17/4/18 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Brands Hatch Performance - https://shopbhp.com/ - are always worth a call. Great service and have supplied a lot of parts for my winter mods.
mcerd1

posted on 17/4/18 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
even with reasonably good motorfactors I find the issue is they don't stock anything for the sierra age cars anymore

burtons often aren't as bad on the price as you think for service parts - the reckon calipers I got from them are the same as my local motorfactor, but alot less each (burtons wanted £55, the local ones wanted £90)
but the main reason I use them is because they have the stock

although they do sell some very expensive aftermarket / upgrade things too

-

steve m

posted on 17/4/18 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ive used Burtons for years, and will continue to do so with my crossflows, and type 2 gearboxs,
as said above, they have always got the stock, and there prices don't seem to be to bad, but I always overstock up on gaskets and consumables with my order, so only pay for delivery once

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

perksy

posted on 17/4/18 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Speak as you find I've always had good service from Burtons and you know what your getting is the pukka stuff

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.