Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Temperature Sensor
birdii

posted on 23/4/18 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec Temperature Sensor

Hi,
I'm having a slight issue with my gauge temperature sensor on a silvertop zetec.

Engine has the original thermostat housing and i have the gauge sensor fitted in the 1/8NPT thread at the bottom of the housing.

My ECU sensor is in the top connection.
The gauge/dash is an Acewell. The problem is that it consistently reads 20c lower than the ecu temp, ie at normal running point ECU shows 88c and dash shows 65-67c.

Ive checked the sensor in heated water and the temperature matches my thermometer so i feel that the issue is with the position in the thermostat housing rather than a gauge/sensor problem but the position that i have used was originally for the purpose.

Any suggestions as to whats going wrong?

Note - im also happy that the ECU temp is correct, the engine had a new 88c thermostat so the readings match nicely.

Cheers

Monty_CZ

posted on 31/10/18 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
I have the same "issue". I think it has to do something with a thermostat, because it reads significantly lower temp until the coolant gets hot (around 90 ° C on the ECU). When the thermostat opens it reads the correct value on dash (more than 90 ° C).
rusty nuts

posted on 31/10/18 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
From the way you've described your fault it sounds like the CTS is not on the engine side of the stat?
Monty_CZ

posted on 1/11/18 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, but in the zetec thermostat housing there are two places for temp sensor. Top is for ECU and bottom is for gauges. There is no oher place where to put the temp sensor. Acording to ECU, temp is stable and no problems with overheating. Only on the dashboard temperature is oscillating between cca 70 and 100.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.