Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: adjustable exhausts
ewanspence

posted on 19/3/02 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
adjustable exhausts

Now I have the fuel lines and tank sorted and nearly fitted I am onto the next stage. Exhausts.

My question is - How SVA'able is an adjustable exhaust - sound level, it has nicely rounded edges?

I am making the pair of 2 branch manifolds - 1 for each side (there are only 2 exhaust ports each side of the 2.8 (I beleive the 2.9 has 3)). But don't know what silencers to get. Was thinking of a pair of the Lolocost chrome (£55 each) but then saw some adjustable things in Demon tweaks magazine for £75 each. They have a lever at the end that opens and shuts a plate that opens or shuts a rong of holes.

Ewan.

Visit the MegaGrip site :-
http://www.geocities.com/ewanspence/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 19/3/02 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
At a guess, they'll ask you turn the control to its loudest position and then take the measurement.

Jon Ison

posted on 19/3/02 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
think tou will find there very "flow" restrictive as well, any flaps ect... is not gonna help get them nice hot exhaust gass's out, better to kill the noise with a decent silencer than just blocking somthing up, silencers can make a big difference, i have dyno sheets that show a genuine 17bhp difference when we was messing with silencers on a dyno.
rocket

posted on 6/8/06 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
silencers

For best flow you want to look for for absorbtion types.

These have a packed outer casing with a baffle inside that allows the gas passage without blockages. I should know I make them for a living

All you need to do is get the right size for your engine i.e. the the bigger the volume the greater the silencing ( more to it than that but you get the idea)

Rgds

Roger Rescued attachment Picture 074.jpg
Rescued attachment Picture 074.jpg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.