Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What Carburettor
Marcus

posted on 14/1/03 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
What Carburettor

I'm getting to the stage where the decision has to be made as to which carb to use. I'd love a pair of 40DCOEs, but costs prevent it, what are the lists opinions on single side draughts ie a 45 or 48 on a stage 2ish 1700 X-flow?
Got to be half the price!
I know the road rally boys used this setup when more than two active chokes were banned (they also used twin 40s with one choke disabled).
I really could do without a bloody great hole in my bonnet.

Marcus

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jollygreengiant

posted on 14/1/03 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
wise man say first check for availability of manifold. (might find either down draft or TWIN dcoe only option).

Enjoy

kingr

posted on 15/1/03 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Have you looked for second hand DCOEs? I got a pair with manifold for x/flow and jetted for a 1600 off ebay for £150, and that's not the best price I've seen. They do need a bit of work done on them (look pretty scruffy and the jets could probably do with a bit of cleaning, but I can't see any reason why they won't work.

Kingr

jollygreengiant

posted on 15/1/03 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
DCOE's can be driven economically, just don't move the go pedal to much. Yeh I know it sounds silly, but, think. Press down the go pedal with any carb and it operates the accelerater pump jet, which gives 1 healthy squirt to make the revs pick up. Do it with DCOE's (multi carbs) and you get 1 squirt per barrel, which on a 4 pot means 4 squirts of petrol. The trick is that you adopt two throttle possitions at all times, either STOP (foot of) OR GO (foot fully on). you then control the speed of the car with the gearstick.

Personally I'd go for twin 40/45/48 cos they make a lorverrrly noise.

Enjoy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.