Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which 1600x/f exhaust system?
Sideways 2 Victory

posted on 15/1/03 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Which 1600x/f exhaust system?

Having just decided to buy my whole system I was going to go with the Lolocost system but have just read Bob d.b's post in Electrics about how his lolocost "stainless" job is starting to rust.

£154 for the whole sys. plus the extras compares very well with Stuart Taylors £300 sys. Is it a case of you get what you pay for?

What's the concensus of opinion atm on which is the best/quality/delivery time package on complete exhausts?

Cheers

Dave

www.nurburgring.org

scutter

posted on 15/1/03 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Dave, try looking at highcost builders photo archive to see the lolocost system.

The only reason that I can think of the system rusting is that they don't use stainless welding wire( Always like to be proved wrong)

Take care Dan.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulf

posted on 15/1/03 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
The most likely reason for rust on a stainless fabrication is because it has been contaminated with mild steel during manufacture.I work in the food industry and sometimes see this on fabrications.Usually it is due to grinding particles, or the use of a grinding disk that has been previously used on mild steel.
Of couse it may also be due to very poor quality material being used.
The solution is to clean with stainless weld pickling solution which consists of mainly nitric acid, a green kitchen scouring pad will also help to remove the deposits.
Paul.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.