Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine and the SVA
andya

posted on 2/4/02 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Engine and the SVA

Hi All
If I fitted a Zetec engine from a post '92 car with no cat, how would the SVA inspector know. Do you have to prove the age of the engine. I plan to use most parts from a Sierra except the engine

locodude

posted on 2/4/02 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
Yes he will know, he will ask you the age of the engine!
Chris

error

posted on 3/4/02 at 03:58 AM Reply With Quote
In sweden we can pay a onetime fee of 7000 SEK (780 Euro, £500), then we don't have to have any emissions reducing devices. However £500 is a big part of a locost budget, so it would be nice not to have to pay that fee. If we use a 3-way catalytic converter we dont have to pay that enviroment fee.

My qusetion is: how difficult is it to add a cat? Or bring the cat from the donor engine?
In order to get the cat to operate properly thier has to be som electronics to regulte the air/fuel-mix.

/Mikael "Error" Westerberg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 3/4/02 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
As you say there are some electronics connected to the cat,loads of electronics to be precise,best bet is to take the whole loom and a workshop manual and work out what you need , a lot of wires are resisted and need to be the original wires and the original length or it wont work properly
good luck!

error

posted on 3/4/02 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks theconrodkid, I'll keep that in mind when I do my research.

Has anyone successfully fited a cat? If so, what problems did you encounter?

/Mikael "Error" Westerberg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.