Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: accelerator cable
piddy

posted on 20/12/05 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
accelerator cable

Hi.
What accelerator cable have you used? and how have you fitted it to the pedal end. ( metal rod type)
Pictures would be a big help.

givemethebighammer

posted on 20/12/05 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Cable from Honda lawn mower ! (previously used mountain bike brake cable). Normal nipple at carb end, m/cycle cable end at lever.

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/VWPweb2000/mcycle-3/mcycle-3.html Rescued attachment W81601.jpg
Rescued attachment W81601.jpg

02GF74

posted on 21/12/05 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by piddy
Hi.
What accelerator cable have you used? and how have you fitted it to the pedal end. ( metal rod type)
Pictures would be a big help.

look at my post "what's wrong with this set up" - shows picture at accelerator end and at carb linkage.

I intend to make 3 brass bits as below:
accelerator cable
accelerator cable

The leftmost fits in a hole in the carb linkage. The adjustable threaded part fits into the vertical sheet making the pedal box with a recess to keep the cable outer in place - adjustableto take up any slack. The peadl end is a cylinder that fits in the corresponding hole in the pedal end; someone ^^^^^ has posted these items but that should be the easiest to make.

RazMan

posted on 21/12/05 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
If length is a problem CBS do a 12 footer!

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 21/12/05 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for that but I have the cable and at a push, can't see why a bike brake cable cannot be used. It is the end bits that I am lacking.

I've got the 8 mm brass rod, just a matter of drilling them properly.

ok. on reading your response again, I see that you may not be reffering to my post....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.