Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Doner Engine Change / Registrations
mad4x4

posted on 3/3/03 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Doner Engine Change / Registrations

Any Idea if I would get away woth this.

Notify the DVLA that I have changed the engine in my donner car from a 1.8 CVH ford to a 1.6/1.8 E30 BMW Engine? Reason being that the E30 Is in a forigen car that is not registered in this contry and I want to build a ONE doner based?

Alternate, Would I be able to register the BMW with either an age related plate or a new plate declaring it has been registred abroad?

Duncan

posted on 3/3/03 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
It is unlikely that the DVLA would be suspicious about the engine change as the engine size (cc) is not changing that much. In my experience this should be no more than a paperwork exercise for the DVLA, as you are not doing anything wrong, but you never can tell........ I have to ask why you would want to use the BMW engine in the first place. It is likely to be difficult to fit and probably wont be that much more powerful than the original lump. It will also probably be heavier. What is the logic behind the change?

Any of you guys know anyone who would like to earn an extra £50 - £250 per week, full or part time?

kylerichmond

posted on 23/4/03 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
extra cash

im interested in earning sum cash

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.