Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: dellorto accelerator pump springs
02GF74

posted on 20/2/06 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
dellorto accelerator pump springs

I'm not really familiar with the operation of side draught constant choke carb eg. weber and dellorto.

On the dellortos I have, the springs for the accelerator pump are different; one on the left is a fair bit stronger than the other.

Will this make much different to the workings? What effect will having different spring rates have?

I don't suppose anyone has dead dellortos and doesn't need the springs?

(it looks like a spring fro ma ball point pen may fit....)

carb pump springs
carb pump springs

Dusty

posted on 20/2/06 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
One will squirt extra petrol in faster and for less time. How much it matters, as acceleration enrichment is a pretty crude process, I don't know but I bought replacement bits to match mine from here when rebuilding my carbs.
viatron

posted on 20/2/06 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Give Antony at www.fastroadcars.co.uk a call, tell him Mac sent you, he will look after you and is very reasinable and a fountain of knowledge on both Weber and Dellorto products.

Mac

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 20/2/06 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Give eurocarb in Reading a ring - they're the main UK distributor and will sell you a pair of springs if need be...

www.dellorto.co.uk

02GF74

posted on 20/2/06 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
apparently one of the srpings is not the correct one - anyone identify it?

It seemds the one of the left is not correct spring. Replacment are £1.25 plus about £2 p/p.

so in true locost style, I took the spring off, cut it down, squaqred off the end coil and stretched it so both pump levers move at about the same time and the same amount. Ok, not exact science but will see what happens.

[Edited on 21/2/06 by 02GF74]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.