Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: harrogate to portugal drive
marc n

posted on 19/10/06 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
harrogate to portugal drive

just had word that joao from this forum has received his car safe and sound in lisbon at 8pm last night

his friend also called joao flew over on saturday night and stayed at my house saturday and sunday evening and after the alcohol levels subsided went for a test run on sunday having never driven a bike engined car before before setting off for lisbon

he left here on monday morning at 10 am got to porstmouth at 4-30 after a couple of stops during heavy traffic ( only used £45 of fuel at 70mph ) set sail at 8 pm ferry crossing took 1 and a half days across sea then drove 900 km through spain and reached portugal last night at 8pm safe and sound

the ironic thing is the weather here was great when he left and as soon as he reached spain and portugal it threw it down and had heavy winds causing him to stop for two hours

all looks good for the potential mnr owners trip to portugal next year stopping at estoril circuit for some fun

please register your interest here for a possible week / week and a half holiday next year in your car we will try and take in a couple of circuits along the way but will definately go to estoril, i will of course not be driving my car across as i will be support vehicle in the truck with spares etc although i will take my car for the track days

also like to guage interest in some dedicated mnr track days where i can give you all some tuition and advice on how to set the car up and reduce those laptimes, to raelly get the best from your cars although there are not too many members registered on here i will update all non locost builders members interested on here to give an idea of the numbers
if we get half of the completed cars to come along we should get at least 20 as of today but many more are in the final throws of completion

best regards

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jon Ison

posted on 19/10/06 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds great, shame I own a locost.

nick205

posted on 19/10/06 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Top effort on Joao's part I reckon

Marc - will the trip be limited to MNR owners only? I'd be interested, but you'd have to live with an Indy in your pack

Dillinger1977

posted on 19/10/06 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
i'd definately be up for both of them Marc (estoril + track days).

theres no way i'd attempt a euro trip on my own but with an engineer in tow how could I say no.

any rough idea of a date? it'll spur me on to get this thing registered

(edit) nearly forgot, Grats on Joao getting his car and Joao(2) getting it over there!
he must be insane to do that!

[Edited on 19/10/06 by Dillinger1977]

-Rog

smart51

posted on 19/10/06 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
He drove it to Portugal? Madness.

I'd be interested in the trackdays. Not sure about the touring. Maybe.

marc n

posted on 19/10/06 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

he must be insane to do that!

its got to help

or it could be all the beer we consumed over the weekend

ref other types of cars coming on the trip, its up to our owners if they mind really

the essence is to offer our owners the same sort of experiances as the westfield clubs do but in a more personal way

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Howlor

posted on 19/10/06 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Suprised he aint suffering from Vibration White Arse after that distance!
marc n

posted on 19/10/06 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
maybe if we open it up to other cars we could have a gumball type event

marc n

posted on 19/10/06 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Suprised he aint suffering from Vibration White Arse after that distance!

he had an old workshop lying down mat to combat that

Howlor

posted on 19/10/06 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
maybe if we open it up to other cars we could have a gumball type event

How about last one to Estoril is a big girls blouse?!

Jon Ison

posted on 19/10/06 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Marc, the last time I did a European trip, mostly BECS btw, we had too keep stopping for the support van too catch up, fortunately he wasn't needed other than carrying tents food n Beer.......

what van you got ?

TimC

posted on 19/10/06 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Commitment!

First Class effort that!

As for the Estoril trip and the trackdays, as soon as the machine is built, I'd definately be up for those.

European trip would have to be on a trailer though since the car's not being road registered.

marc n

posted on 19/10/06 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

what van you got ?

daf 45 truck although similar trucks have been known to cruise at 80mph with a trailer on so ive heard

chockymonster

posted on 19/10/06 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Week long trip to portugal with track driving?
Erm, Yes please!

Vortx track days with tuition?
Erm, where do I sign?

Marc,
Any chance of a copy of the SVA map for the Power Commander?

[Edited on 19/10/06 by chockymonster]

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

chockymonster

posted on 19/10/06 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
ref other types of cars coming on the trip, its up to our owners if they mind really

the essence is to offer our owners the same sort of experiances as the westfield clubs do but in a more personal way

I've done many an Owners club only trackday, Usualy what happened was positions are given to owners as priority and then any left after a deadline the places are opened to the "public"

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

G.Man

posted on 19/10/06 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Am I reading this right..

MNR factory built Joao's car, and his friend picked it up and drove it back to Portugal?

Wow, impressive

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

TimC

posted on 19/10/06 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man
Am I reading this right..

MNR factory built Joao's car, and his friend picked it up and drove it back to Portugal?

Wow, impressive

I think the story's better than that.

Joao collects kit in van.
    Drives back to Portugal
    Builds Car (very nice too!)
    Tows trailer with car aboard back to Harrogate
    Car is SVA'd
    Joao(2) flies to UK, picks up road legal car and drives back to Portugal.

I think that's what happened..... apologies if I'm wrong!

marc n

posted on 19/10/06 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
yep car came back to us 90% complete ( unfortunately joao ran out of time to his wife expecting twins ) so both joaos spent two days at the workshop finishing off as many bits as possible then flew home we completed and svad then other joao flew over and drove back

best regards

marc

[Edited on 19/10/06 by marc n]

Winston Todge

posted on 19/10/06 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
I was waiting for a thread like this to come along!

Top effort Marc. Would very definitely be up for this trip. And I should have the car finished by then....

Jerez really isn't a long drive away too, maybe taking in the east coast of Spain through the South and upto Jerez then into Portugal? The roads upto Rhonda and the like are simply astounding. No straights longer than 500 metres...

Would truly be a trip for all to experience knowing there's a support truck too!

Sign me up, especially to the UK based track days also.

Just gotta get the thing finished now!

Chris.

amalyos

posted on 19/10/06 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Count me in for both, although you might need a fuel tanker rather than your van.

Steve.

chockymonster

posted on 19/10/06 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
Count me in for both, although you might need a fuel tanker rather than your van.

Steve.

Will we keep having to stop for Ian?

numnuts

posted on 19/10/06 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
I could well be interested in both track and touring . Dion
Jonte

posted on 19/10/06 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
I don´t get this.
Is it possible for them without any problems to import an british sva´d car to portugal and drive it there. Don´t they have anything like SVA in portugal?

Click it

chockymonster

posted on 19/10/06 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
It's very easy to register a car that's been registered somewhere else in the EU than it is to register a newly built car.
Apparantly it's easier to register it in the UK than somewhere else.

yorkshire-engines

posted on 19/10/06 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
must have been one hell of a R1 engine wonder who supplied it could have been that good looking lad from up yorkshire way

well done is all i can say i drive from leyburn to hull and get a bloody ticket 46 in a 40 sh#t

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.