Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Radiator Position
RichardK

posted on 28/10/06 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Radiator Position

Is it ok to mount my polo rad verticaly, ie with the inlet and outlet at the top or is this a no no. Where I have it at the moment the bottom hose connector clashes with tube LB.

1.So can I mount it verticaly?
2. Mount it the right way up but further back and put in an S bend in the bottom hose.
If 2. what is the distance of the rad from LD

As you can probably tell I haven't got a nose cone yet so would it be better to wait and bugga about when I have one

Look forward to hearing your feedback.

Ta

Rich

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JackNco

posted on 28/10/06 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
personally i have no idea. but i would have thought it would be better to have the outlet on the bottom...

John

Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun.
O'Rourke, P.J. (1989), Holidays in hell. London (Picador)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stu16v

posted on 28/10/06 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hang fire till you get your nosecone. The Polo rad can be a tight fit in soem nose cones at the best of times...

Dont just build it.....make it!

flak monkey

posted on 29/10/06 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
The polo rad is a damn tight fit in the nose cone. I mounted mine at an angle to allow a pipe to be fitted to the bottom. I used a top hose from a bubble shaped rover 400. this has a tight bend which will let the bottom hose clear the chassis tubes.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

omega 24 v6

posted on 29/10/06 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
As said by others it's a tight fit and you've come across the exact same problems as me with the 442. I did get around it by offsetting slightly to the drivers side and lifting it up to the top of the nosecone. So yes I'd wait until you've got your nosecone (Nearly time to ask santa for one)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.