Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Coolant header tank
eddymcclements

posted on 14/8/03 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Coolant header tank

A couple of cooling questions....

Into which part of the circuit should I plumb a header tank? The Toyota donor allegedly had a header tank, maybe as part of the rad, but I'm using a Polo rad which doesn't incorporate one. I was going to tap into the bottom rad hose with a T-piece....does this sound right?

And on the same subject - anyone know of a donor with a suitably-compact header tank?

Cheers,

Eddy

zetec

posted on 14/8/03 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good, attaching the header tank to the bottom hose is correct for Ford Zetec, just make sure you have an air bleed outlet at the top of the engine or you wont be able to fill it. I originally used a Rover K series header but found it too small and was getting coolant blow back. Ended up using a Ford one (supplied by W**tfield) with a 15PSI cap and all ok now.
JoelP

posted on 14/8/03 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
On my sierra it feeds into the middle of the radiator, halfway up, through a 3rd hole.
eddymcclements

posted on 14/8/03 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, Joel. As it happens my top rad hose has an air bleed (see http://www.whirl.demon.co.uk/locost/tophose.jpg) so I should be OK.

Eddy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.