Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flames?
greggors84

posted on 3/11/03 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Flames?

Bit of a random question, but i was wondering if many of you get flames out of your exhaust. My mate had a mini cooper with a straigh through exhaust, and because it messed up the lambda reading, it often ran rich, and back fired, never saw it flame though. Just wondered if anyone with twin carbs ever had flames from their exhaust?

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Deckman001

posted on 3/11/03 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
Was with Donut the other day, with his pinto that isn't set up properly yet, and when he turns it off, after a couple of seconds a VERY smart blue cone shaped flame shoots out of the exhaust .
It looks sooo good i think i want one on mine !!

Very trick

Jason

MK9R

posted on 4/11/03 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
You can buy flamer kits, which are basically a spark plug an the gubbins to make it spark when you push a button, that you fit into the underside of your tail pipe. This cause the unburnt fuel/gases coming out the exhuast t ignite and gives a very cool flame thrower effect!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locoboy

posted on 4/11/03 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
Fitted new exhaust to my pinto powered car and first time i started it i had a nice flame lick up the side of my Mothers new VW polo!

ATB
Locoboy

craig1410

posted on 4/11/03 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
I used to get huge flames out the back of my Mini which was caused by the SU carb float chamber needle valve sticking open and flooding the carb. It had a competition silencers RC40 single box straight through system.

It was quite distracting to cars driving behind when they got a 6 foot yellow flame engulfing their car... Bloody good for getting "tailgaters" to give me some room though

Cheers,
Craig.

SteveO

posted on 4/11/03 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't had my twin carbs setup properly yet, but i had flames come through a few times because one of my spark plugs had gone, don't know how and why. i only found out by feeling each exhaust manifold only to find out the 4th cylinder was cold..changed all the plugs and it now runs sweet as a nut.

Steve

rell

posted on 6/11/03 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
you usaly get flames pop out the exhort when you have twin webers on with a cam that has a big overlap on it

other then that the engine is set up wrong

Azura

posted on 6/11/03 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
You can buy flamer kits, which are basically a spark plug an the gubbins to make it spark when you push a button, that you fit into the underside of your tail pipe. This cause the unburnt fuel/gases coming out the exhuast t ignite and gives a very cool flame thrower effect!!

Easy to make for a few quid aswell

All you need is a coil, Ht lead, spark plug and enough wire to connect to existing coil via a switch

They look really kewl unless your behind someone with it !!

Hellfire

posted on 6/11/03 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
WOOOOW

... do the MAXPOWER lads know about this?

Maybe we should all get one... (NOT!)

timf

posted on 6/11/03 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
taking it to the extreeme

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/232777.stm

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.