Board logo

fireproof race boots
locost47 - 14/3/12 at 11:50 PM

Hi guys cant find msa blue book anywhere in house do i need new race boots for this season racing locost gulp only a few weeks to go

amalyos - 15/3/12 at 07:39 AM

I believe it's always been a requirement, but never checked!!

I'm sure I saw a note saying that they were going to be checking and enforcing it this year.

I don't have my blue book on me, but you can look online.

andylancaster3000 - 15/3/12 at 08:14 AM

It's always been recommended to have flameprrof gloves and boots but this year it is mandatory. Blue book only says they must be 'fireproof' but I have heard that the MSA/scruit's will be looking for ISO 6940 (I think) standard as a minimum.

[Edited on 15/3/12 by andylancaster3000]

Benzo - 15/3/12 at 02:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by locost47
Hi guys cant find msa blue book anywhere in house do i need new race boots for this season racing locost gulp only a few weeks to go

Be careful not to buy Kart boots, they are cheaper but arent fireproof.

locost47 - 20/3/12 at 09:52 PM

no were in our regs does it say nomex boots are mandatory

andylancaster3000 - 20/3/12 at 10:09 PM

There are contradictory regs in the 2012 blue book and I am 90% sure one says they are mandatory. I was at an hscc meeting at.donington on Sunday and understand the scruits were checking.

procomp - 20/3/12 at 10:36 PM

Hi

Yep as Andy says there are some contradictions. BUT it does now say circuit racing it is mandatory to be either the above ISO number on them of FIA approved.

This was brought to my attention by the email sent out by championship drivers reps ( Locost currently does not have one ) but for Kits/Sports specials i received the email explaining. It has come from the 750MC that boots and gloves will now be checked in accordance with 2012 MSA regs.

And yes i also have a pair off very expensive KART boots that are now useless.

Cheers Matt

Supergoose - 29/3/12 at 09:10 PM

Alpinestars F1-R Race Rally Boots Fire Proof Size UK 7 EU 40.5 In Black | eBay
where do these fit in?