Board logo

Procomp coilovers
Dimitri - 8/2/17 at 06:37 AM

I've been digging around and was hoping somewhere here could advise.

I'm deciding on which coilovers to run and came across Procomp's site.

Some of their comments re valving etc certainly make their offering sound like a good idea.

does anyone know what brand or any specs for the units they sell, length etc?

Also I couldn't find an email for them anywhere, does anyone have one? Wondering if they offer international shipping, I'm in Australia.

Nickp - 8/2/17 at 07:24 AM

Pretty sure they revalve Protech shocks (http://www.protechshocks.co.uk/) to suit your application.
Sure someone will be along shortly with more details and to sing their praises

Dimitri - 8/2/17 at 07:35 AM

Yes thanks, I thought so too but protech's are ali' and i thought i'd seen mentioned 750MC requires steel. We will see

Myke 2463 - 8/2/17 at 08:36 AM

From 750 MC website.
Suspension

Modifications are limited to choice of spring-rates, single-adjustable steel-bodied dampers and free choice of anti-roll bars.

peter030371 - 8/2/17 at 08:39 AM

Deffo Protech http://www.procomp.co.uk/shockdyno.html

Protech do make steel body shocks to order if needed

nick205 - 8/2/17 at 08:54 AM

There's a phone number on their "Contact" page...

http://www.procomp.co.uk/contactus.html

I think they may also be on this forum under the username "procomp"

johnemms - 8/2/17 at 09:41 AM

Yes .. revalve - lighter oil - made to measure - nice shocks..
The faster droop keeps nice contact with the road

Nickp - 8/2/17 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dimitri
Yes thanks, I thought so too but protech's are ali' and i thought i'd seen mentioned 750MC requires steel. We will see

I presume you're not after them for the 750MC?
It's a long way to travel from Oz

adithorp - 8/2/17 at 12:21 PM

Protech will also revalve them for lighter application you if you contact them directly.

AlexXtreme - 8/2/17 at 12:25 PM

used their shocks and good service! You will need to phone them as they do not "do emails" :-)

Alex

Ben_Copeland - 8/2/17 at 12:27 PM

Matt (procomp) will no doubt be along shortly. I'll point him towards this thread

He's just setting up a car and then he'll give you some more info

[Edited on 8/2/17 by Ben_Copeland]

Dimitri - 8/2/17 at 12:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
quote:
Originally posted by Dimitri

I presume you're not after them for the 750MC?
It's a long way to travel from Oz

Not for 750MC.

But still a live axle, book size Locost, and properly valved to suit the car sounds nice. Price on the set seems pretty reasonable too. Any damper I get will be UK sourced anyway, nothing else really adds up

I did read on their forum they don't ship, but the post is a good few years old. hoping things have changed.

AlexXtreme - 8/2/17 at 01:08 PM

they do ship :-)

procomp - 8/2/17 at 01:37 PM

Hi.

Thank you for the heads up Ben.

I supply Protech Dampers that are built as specials to my specification by Kevin and Simon at Protech.
Once i have these i then strip them down to tailor the damper to suit the individual application. This involves the machining of and changing of components inside also a change of oil viscosity.

Protech can use the std specification they sell and adjust the damper knob setting to make the dampers softer or stiffer depending upon the vehicle weight. However this does not change the ratios of compression and rebound it remains the same just a stiffer or softer range within the 13 clicks of adjustment available.

For those who are taking the damping and weight transfer control of their car more seriously you need to alter the ratios to suit the individual application.
For instance if say on a Locost / Westfield / Caterham race car you fit 400Lb springs at 32 deg angle at the front and 100Lb spings in a vertical position at the rear or if the front is running inboard the motion that is seen by the damper is very different and at different speeds. This is where a change of specifications is required to gain better control of the car. Also depending upon tyres being used slicks V road going full tread you will see differing ratios required to cope with the higher or lower weight transfers being used.

All in all its the knowledge of what the cars require in different applications Road - Race - Hillclimb - ovals - no downforce - high downforce Etc Etc and knowing what ratios are required.
I supply teams such as Mittelle Cars, AB performance and many other RGB cars also a whole host of Westfields Caterhams Locosts Radicals Spires Lotus elise's Etc And the 2016 world championship wining GP Midget and of course many many road / trackday cars

I can ship dampers to most places, Regular supply to Germany and America.

Regular updates can be found on the FB page. https://www.facebook.com/Procomp-motorsport-376574512390043/

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 8/2/17 by procomp]

[Edited on 8/2/17 by procomp]

Dimitri - 8/2/17 at 11:28 PM

Thanks Matt.

I'll be in touch.