Board logo

mnr reversing box help
ianminki - 15/7/15 at 01:51 PM

hi all
i am having an issue with the mnr reverse box on my car losing forward drive when out in the car (seams to jump out of drive ) i have had it back to mnr and they have replaced the spring in it with a stronger one . can anybody tell me if there is any adjustment in the lever at all or is it back to mnr againe car drives ok if i hold the lever down . or do i just look for a better make of box

regards ian

Davey D - 15/7/15 at 03:09 PM

Are you worried about keeping the reverse on your car? Id ditch it.. if you still want a reverse then fit an electric motor drive

ianminki - 16/7/15 at 04:13 PM

hi davey

thanks for reply think i am going to have a look at that route but is it quite easy to fit a electric reverse . do you have any photo's of prop tunnel from back to front if you don't mined me asking as i think i mite have to adjust the motor a little for alignment of 2 piece prop or can it be fitted a little out of line as the motor is off set to the diff flange as it is at the moment.

regards ian

phelix - 3/9/15 at 05:23 AM

Does the lever "creep' while you're driving that results the box popping out of engaged mode? I wonder if there's some sort of harmonic that's making it vibrate out of engaged mode?