Board logo

FS colchester student lathe with all the accessories.
tegwin - 5/12/20 at 08:04 PM

I bought this 10 year ago and had a great time making little steam engines and things. I’ve now moved and don’t have a workshop so it’s time to find a new hobby.

Colchester student mk1 medium size. Single phase with screw cutting and power feeds on both axes. Working suds pump and a few containers of gear oil.

Comes with 5 chucks, couple of face plates, sliding eccentric steady plus a mahusive box of cutting tools, a big box of taper shank drills from 10-33mm. Also has a box of assorted taps and dies with it.

All fully working and ready to perform!

Really sad to part ways with this... I will want it when I retire.. but in the meantime.....

Located in Plymouth and you will need to collect.

Asking for £600 for all of it. Given what’s with it I recon that’s a fair price.

Slimy38 - 5/12/20 at 08:56 PM

If I had the money, and the transport, and the forgiving wife, I'd be all over this... I just hope it sells quickly so I don't get tempted every time I login!

HowardB - 5/12/20 at 11:04 PM

that is an amazing price - My Boxford cost me more than that with less than half the accessories

GLWTS

tegwin - 5/12/20 at 11:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
that is an amazing price - My Boxford cost me more than that with less than half the accessories

GLWTS

Hmm.... maybe I’ve under estimated it’s value... only downside is it’s a ball ache to move!

JonBowden - 5/12/20 at 11:18 PM

Bugger, everything big and heavy that I want to buy is too far away.

David Jenkins - 6/12/20 at 10:04 AM

I think you should reconsider that price - I had an identical lathe with many accessories, and I sold it for spares for £500 (it was on its last legs with worn gears in the headstock). Mine was 3-phase, so a 1-phase should be more saleable. By the way the buying company snapped my hand off when I suggested a price, I think I sold it too cheap despite it being knackered...

Take a look on ebay to see what just 1 second-hand Colchester chuck costs, and the cost of steadies, etc. You could probably make £600 on the accessories alone.

And I might be telling you something you know already - but make sure any buyer doesn't underestimate the weight and difficulty of moving it - I worked it out that my lathe weighed a little more than my Locost, and a large part of the weight is in the upper half. Dangerous to move if you aren't careful. Anyone who buys it should expect to pay a few hundred Pounds to get it professionally moved.

eddie99 - 6/12/20 at 10:44 AM

Ill have it. PM

COREdevelopments - 6/12/20 at 08:56 PM

Interested if still available

Rob

ChrisL - 7/12/20 at 03:15 PM

dibs #3