Board logo

Chris W?
Hugh Paterson - 24/11/19 at 06:07 PM

Tried U2U and an email a couple of times with Chris W is he still “active” ?

r1_pete - 24/11/19 at 08:17 PM

He tends to be on and off with this site, it was a ‘hobby’ for him, so probably busy earning a crust at present.

Mr Whippy - 25/11/19 at 12:21 PM

May have blown himself up refueling his LPG car...

Hugh Paterson - 26/11/19 at 06:34 AM

Cheers fellas tried emailing him a couple of times just no reply as yet

computid - 27/11/19 at 01:24 PM

He's fine, just busy burying fiberoptic cables

HowardB - 27/11/19 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by computid

if he is using some of the suggestions that we made here,... to paraphrase - he may be some time

Mr Whippy - 28/11/19 at 12:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
quote:
Originally posted by computid

if he is using some of the suggestions that we made here,... to paraphrase - he may be some time

My suggestion to use a rocket to pull the cable would be very quick

steve m - 28/11/19 at 08:22 PM

What happened to the thread about getting a cable through a very long tube/drain

sevaun - 11/9/20 at 07:15 AM

I messaged Chis 3 days ago as I was getting error messages when trying to add images to my archive. I'm still waiting! He was quicker to communicate recently when asking for my cash contribution - which incidentally I gave, but won't be doing again!

Rich

loggyboy - 11/9/20 at 09:31 AM

Contribution emails are automatic.
Have you checked the resolution of the pics? The software wont automatically scale them down if they are too big.

sevaun - 11/9/20 at 10:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Contribution emails are automatic.
Have you checked the resolution of the pics? The software wont automatically scale them down if they are too big.

Yes initially I got an error message within the archive editor saying that the file type was unsupported. I've had this before and know it usually means files are too big, although God knows why it doesn't just say that. So I resampled the images and this time I got :
"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1"
Again a totally ambiguous message - so I U2U'd
Chris.
Wouldn't it be helpful if somewhere there was advice as to what file sizes are acceptable?
Are there any other admins on this forum?

Rich

[Edited on 11/9/20 by sevaun]

coyoteboy - 11/9/20 at 11:37 AM

The forum software version is spectacularly old, like 2004 old. It will be a PITA to maintain. I don't envy him keeping on top of it. It's a shame because this is one of the very few forii left properly operational and not obliterated by facebook groups. I run a couple of car related forums on my server and most of them died a death when they were opened up to facebook - everyone just posts the same questions day after day and none of the info is retained. A good forum is super-useful but it really needs maintaining.

[Edited on 11/9/20 by coyoteboy]