Board logo

First Start MNR Zetec
RogerL - 27/12/10 at 07:29 AM

Hooray we finally started the motor !

After a long time I finally finished the Zetec engine install. This has a Haltec ECU and Suzuki Throttle bodies. My son and I started it Christmas day. A great Christmas present. This is MNR number 049. I had a lot of distractions but finally had our big moment. My son has been away in college so I did most of the sorting and fabrication myself; between job and house remodeling. It is definitely worth the effort.

We are in sunny southern California. Will post some pics of car on the road soon.

Cheers Thanks to everyone on the Vortx site. I got lots of help from your posts.

Roger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Y_n8RQOnw

LBMEFM - 27/12/10 at 07:53 AM

Congratulations on the engine start, sitting here in dull, grey and freezing England California sounds a great place to be, but I'm not envious

imp paul - 27/12/10 at 09:13 AM

well done sounds like good fun lots of hard work put some picys up

ashg - 27/12/10 at 11:17 AM

never heard of haltec. well done on getting it running. did you have a base map or did you start with nothing?

Strontium Dog - 28/12/10 at 11:22 AM

Haltech ECU's

http://www.haltech.com/

[Edited on 28/12/10 by Strontium Dog]

Johneturbo - 28/12/10 at 12:45 PM

Congrats on the first start up

i'm not jealous either i mean lovely hot sunshine nice smooth roads

RK - 29/12/10 at 03:37 AM

Haltech are Aussies.

first350 - 2/1/11 at 12:59 PM

very cool!!! I've been to Carlsbad before (went to school in California, so lots of friends down in SD area)- nice area!

Cobra289 - 5/5/20 at 07:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RogerL

After a long time I finally finished the Zetec engine install. This has a Haltec ECU and Suzuki Throttle bodies. My son and I started it Christmas day. A great Christmas present. This is MNR number 049. I had a lot of distractions but finally had our big moment. My son has been away in college so I did most of the sorting and fabrication myself; between job and house remodeling. It is definitely worth the effort.

We are in sunny southern California. Will post some pics of car on the road soon.

Cheers Thanks to everyone on the Vortx site. I got lots of help from your posts.

Roger

Hello,
I am investigating if the Haltec Elite 750 ECU will be my option.
I can't find by Haltec a "Base Map" for a Zetec 2.0L
Did you develop the full map?

Perhaps you can help me with your experience and perhaps with the Base Map.
My engine setup is identical you yours.

Thanks in advance.
Carlos (The Netherlands)

CosKev3 - 6/5/20 at 07:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra289
quote:
Originally posted by RogerL

Roger

Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Carlos (The Netherlands)

You might not get a reply if the people above are no longer on here,this thread is from 2010

Cobra289 - 6/5/20 at 07:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra289

Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Carlos (The Netherlands)

You might not get a reply if the people above are no longer on here,this thread is from 2010

Thanks I will start a new thread.