Board logo

megasquirt
theconrodkid - 30/10/06 at 10:56 AM

on my mundano lump were 2 air temp sensors,1 in the rubber hose from afm to manifold and 1 in the ally part of the mani,any idea which one i use or both?

tks - 30/10/06 at 11:01 AM

intake air temp

and engine temp..

both important factors for generating the mixture..

mhh rereading your post looks like you see a hotwire as temp sensor..

Tks

[Edited on 30/10/06 by tks]

theconrodkid - 30/10/06 at 11:03 AM

ive water temp sorted,its the 2 air ones i,m woried about now

tks - 30/10/06 at 11:05 AM

both are on the manifold..

hotwire measurees airmass.

make pics..

TKs

theconrodkid - 30/10/06 at 03:32 PM

its easier for me to fly to the moon with 2 jags on my back than to post a pic on here
1 is in the rubber tube,tween afm and mani,other is bolted into mani,do i need both?

tks - 30/10/06 at 03:46 PM

as far as i know, the air temp is together with the hotwire assembly..

the srewed piece in the manifald couldnīt be a coldstart injector???

else just unbolt it and measure its resistance..hold it then in your hand and whil emeasureing..
should be easy..ŅD

a pic with the mobile phone??
infared to laptop?? cant be hard to make a pic! and once learnt you leanr more skills.. to! move your limits pall its 2006!

Tks

Micael - 30/10/06 at 04:12 PM

On my Zetec I had 3 water temp senors and one MAT (Mainfold AIr Temp) sensor.

The 3 in the water was:

one on a coolant hose which is for the temp gauge

one on the thermostat house which is for the ECU.

and one on the radiator which is for the radiator fan.

Hope this helps

theconrodkid - 30/10/06 at 04:25 PM

hey my compo was made in the 60,s and i have tried to post pics but have never sucseeded.
i know one is incoming air temp,prob the one in the rubber hose,its the other one i,m woried about,my megasquirt wiring diagram shows 1 air temp sensor and no map sensor.
i have the normal water temp sensors under controll as well

whittlebeast - 7/11/06 at 11:42 AM

Just go get the GM sensor and screw it into the air flow early in the intake air flow assuming no turbo. Hookit up to the correct pin on the db37 and you are set. What squirt is looking for is simple resistance that changes with an increase in temp. The GM one is pre calibrated and will make your life simpler.

AW

theconrodkid - 7/11/06 at 04:22 PM

is the GM one available in england?if so any idea of part no etc?

sebastiaan - 7/11/06 at 05:55 PM

Use the one in the manifold. MS uses pressure (MAP) and temperature to calculate the density of the air inside the manifold. This can only be correctly done if the temperature and pressure are measured at approxiamately the same position. There can be temperature differences between the inlet system and the inlet manifold. These could cause the mixture to be off. A rough guideline is that 10 degrees celsius causes a 3% deviation in air/fuel ratio.

That said, mine is between the airfilter and throttle because it was easier ;-)

You'll need to recalibrate the MS unit if you want to use the Ford sensor (not that hard to do, do a google for easytherm), or use the G sensor like suggested.

Good luck!

whittlebeast - 14/11/06 at 02:11 AM

In a Megasquirt intall if the motor is naturally asperated the location of the IAT sensor is not that critical and can even be in the air filter with good results. Mounting deep in the intake can have more heat soak issues than the theory is worth.

AW