Board logo

Smaller headlights
TheHighlander123 - 27/11/16 at 08:15 PM

As above,

I have a Westfield SEIW and am looking for new headlights that look a bit more modern.

I have seen some smaller ones but can't remember where now.

Anyone got any links?

Quinten - 27/11/16 at 08:44 PM

Dominators? They are 4"

Huttojb - 27/11/16 at 08:46 PM

Love your cycle wings. Where did you get these from?

sdh2903 - 27/11/16 at 08:53 PM

Dominators look good but if you intend to use the car in the dark they are crap. Even with decent bulbs. Mine lasted a few days before being swapped to 5 inch headlights.

Quinten - 27/11/16 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Huttojb
Love your cycle wings. Where did you get these from?

They are just standard Westfield cycle wings, but carbon wrapped the 'centre' part... only cos I couldnt get it neatly around all the creases!

They've since been replaced with real carbon wings

Chris_Xtreme - 28/11/16 at 09:51 AM

I'm going to be selling these... I think they look great, but for me they are not bright enough, I got them from russbot furore products, looks like you can now get a HID update for them, but already have some 7" (!) leds to get in their place once I have built a bracket strong enough!.
many have reported back to russ that they are great, so it could just be my eyes/seating position, fussyness!

https://furoreproducts.co.uk/projector-headlights?page=1

I should add that I had 4" dominators before these, and I would say these are better than the dominators.

[Edited on 28/11/16 by Chris_Xtreme]

russbost - 28/11/16 at 09:54 AM

Something like THIS,

or perhaps,

THESE

They're not cheap (tho' Ollie will give you a discount if you tell him you're from LCB), but they are VERY good, we use the single ones on the Furore

russbost - 28/11/16 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris_Xtreme
I'm going to be selling these... I think they look great, but for me they are not bright enough, I got them from russbot furore products, looks like you can now get a HID update for them, but already have some 7" (!) leds to get in their place once I have built a bracket strong enough!.

I should add that I had 4" dominators before these, and I would say these are better than the dominators.

Chris, I'm amazed you don't find them bright enough, that's the first negative comment we've ever had on them I think, I don't run Furoreproducts anymore, but still use these lights on the Furore & I think they are brilliant, never really thought about upgrading to the HID's as just not necessary???

Chris_Xtreme - 28/11/16 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
quote:
Originally posted by Chris_Xtreme

Chris, I'm amazed you don't find them bright enough, that's the first negative comment we've ever had on them I think, I don't run Furoreproducts anymore, but still use these lights on the Furore & I think they are brilliant, never really thought about upgrading to the HID's as just not necessary???

I know Russ, that's why I just edited my post to say It's probably just me.. I've had my eyes lasered too, so perhaps I have a side effect from that .. I do wish I could just keep them, they are very light and look great.

Also I have a small alternator and a lot of electrics, so it's an excuse to switch to LEDs too.

Matt21 - 28/11/16 at 12:57 PM

I got mine off Ollie (as russbot says), he did a discount as a LCB user

Great item but I cannot comment on the light output, I've only used them in the dark with a dark visor (not recommended at all!)

nick205 - 28/11/16 at 03:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Quinten
Dominators? They are 4"

I had a set of these on my MK Indy. They looked good and I found the light from them OK to drive with. It's fair to say I wasn't out in the dark much though.

Irony - 28/11/16 at 05:15 PM

Another vote for the ones from Furore. I have the twin versions (4 lamps). I have found them easily bright enough. I would like the HID update but I think that would be overkill