Board logo

Welding help wanted near Horsham
pekwah1 - 21/3/18 at 12:29 PM

Hi Guys,

Not locost related, but looking to get some metal bars welded together as a fish tank stand.
Doesn't need to be very tidy, just wondering if anyone localish might be able to help me for beer tokens as i don't have a welder?

I've got all the metal pre-cut, it will end up looking something like this:

Thanks in advance,
ANdy

nick205 - 22/3/18 at 09:33 AM

Does it have to be metal?

You could make something that does the same job from wood.

pekwah1 - 22/3/18 at 09:58 AM

It will end up being clad, reason for metal is that I want the front face to have no bracing, at the moment my wooden one has a brace right in the middle and flexes quite a bit. I’ve actually taken it to my local welder now, thanks anyway!

nick205 - 22/3/18 at 04:28 PM

Fair do's - if you've already got the metal and found a welder then seems it's sorted.

One question, once that fish tank's full of water it'll weigh a bit. Will it be steady enough on the frame?

steve m - 22/3/18 at 09:50 PM

Andy,

Best welder round your way, and mine is Neil Dunne's

steve

pekwah1 - 22/3/18 at 11:04 PM

Yeh but Neil Dunn’s pissed me off a while back and haven’t used him since... they guys in Hilliers garden centre in Horsham are pretty good so use them for most of my stuff now

907 - 23/3/18 at 03:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1
Yeh but Neil Dunn’s pissed me off a while back and haven’t used him since... they guys in Hilliers garden centre in Horsham are pretty good so use them for most of my stuff now

Sorry but I had to smile.

You get your welding done at a garden centre ?

Paul G

steve m - 23/3/18 at 07:39 AM

He meant weeding

nick205 - 23/3/18 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 907
quote:
Originally posted by pekwah1

Sorry but I had to smile.

You get your welding done at a garden centre ?

Paul G

Made me chuckle too

Our local Hilliers does OK for plants, but I've never seen a welder there!

907 - 23/3/18 at 11:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
He meant weeding