Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Silverstone Locost race
motodb82

posted on 23/8/09 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Silverstone Locost race

Just got back from taking part in my first Locst Race at Silverstone,and can`t stop smileing. I just wanted to say thank you to every one in the Locost padock for making a new boy feel so welcome and at ease. With a special Thank you to Tony and Matt cherington, from http://www.tmcmotorsport.co.uk/ For all the help with the build and set up of the car, and driver tips from Matt . If you are thinking of raceing a Locost or need help with set up or driver training, go to the Best http://www.tmcmotorsport.co.uk/ Cant wait for the next race.
TimC

posted on 23/8/09 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
I wasn't aware that there was another newbie as well as myself and a lady called Sian (number 70 I think.) Its fantastic fun isn't it? What number are you?

I have the exact same thoughts about Matt and Ivan at Procomp as you do about TMC. It's great that there are supportive people like these in the paddock to help out. It makes all the difference to have them there.

Looking forward to Oulton.. hopefully I won't spin on the second corner next time.

Nash

posted on 23/8/09 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
When is the Oulton Park race guys? I wouldn't mind popping along to watch.

........Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

Steve Hignett

posted on 23/8/09 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Pretty sure it's the 5th September, hopefully me and the missus will be going along to support/watch!

quote:
Originally posted by Nash
When is the Oulton Park race guys? I wouldn't mind popping along to watch.

........Neil

edited to suit as below!!!

[Edited on 23/8/09 by Steve Hignett]

ironside

posted on 23/8/09 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
It's on the 5th September
Richard Jenkins

posted on 23/8/09 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Well done to Aaron and Martin coming back to show us how it's done! The old lap record set in 2003 stood at 1.14.32 and Martin cut it by 1.5secs!! Not only that, and just to prove how fast & furious the race was, the first 12 all posted faster laps than the old record, and 8 of the first 12 had fastest laps that were quicker than the pole time!! Has anything like that happened before in Locost racing??

Thanks also to Andy.P for organising all the 10th anniversary activities.

SMittell

posted on 24/8/09 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hey All,

Just to let you know that the website has been updated with the latest results from Silverstone along with Championship tables.

www.imsm-racing.co.uk

Cheers

Scott #4

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.