Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Heathrow Parking?
adithorp

posted on 9/2/10 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Heathrow Parking?

Can anybody recommend anywhere for long term (6days) parking at Heatrow?
I've done the search and come up with loads of results but would rather go by recommendation.

Has anyone used the "Meet and greet" type ones that collect your car from you at the airport and bring it back to you?
I've seen some reports about dodgy ones but are they all like that. Would be more convienient.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Richard Quinn

posted on 9/2/10 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Don't know much about Heathrow so this isn't much use but I would be wary about the "meet & greet" ones unless going on personal recommendation. A friend of one of the guys at work used one which was fine until he came back and there was no sign of the guys, anything to do with them or his car. According to the local police his car had been used in several burgalaries before being found burnt out!
stevebubs

posted on 9/2/10 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Most of the guys here use Purple Parking.

Last time I did a meet and greet one, I used one a valet company - from memory, it cost about £120 for a week including a full valet.

TBH the Parking Express is fine - just park and hop on a bus and you're in the terminal in a few minutes. Hunt around online and you'll find a number of places that offer a discount if you book in advance...

smart51

posted on 9/2/10 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Last time we used heathrow, we stayed at a hotel on the A4. For the price of a room for the night they threw in uo to 14 days parking. The shuttle bus collected us from the hotel and delivered us back again. It was cheaper than paying for 8 days parking with Purple Parking.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 9/2/10 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
As stevebubs said, Purple Parking. We use it for work travel, and me and the wife used it when we went on our honeymoon for 2 weeks. Smooth and efficient. Can't remember how much it was but I know we weren't robbed.

HTH

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

rsmith95uk

posted on 9/2/10 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,
I used Heathrow Official Valet Parking in December and was quite impressed.
Car was waiting when we arrived back even though we were delayed several hours.
Can't comment on prices as we get a deal through our bank.
Cheers
Ray

Davey D

posted on 9/2/10 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Ive just been on my Hols, and flew from Heathrow.

We stopped in a Premier Inn for the night before, and got 15 days parking. Think it was around £104

stevebubs

posted on 9/2/10 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
Last time we used heathrow, we stayed at a hotel on the A4. For the price of a room for the night they threw in uo to 14 days parking. The shuttle bus collected us from the hotel and delivered us back again. It was cheaper than paying for 8 days parking with Purple Parking.

Good point - I've done that with the Heathrow Hilton...there is a walkway from there to Terminal 4.

[Edited on 9/2/10 by stevebubs]

Richard Jenkins

posted on 9/2/10 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
I've used Purple Parking a fair bit, both meet & greet and bus transfer options, and haven't had any problems with them. For convenience meet & greet is the way to go....

Going anywhere nice??

adithorp

posted on 9/2/10 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
I'm flying to Milan and having 5 days skiing in Courmayeur. It's an evening flight so hotel option isn't realy any use. Purple Parking was the one I'd heard of and at under £50 seemed reasonable. So I'll probably go with that.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.