Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost Race Car Wanted
TMC

posted on 26/7/11 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Locost Race Car Wanted

Hi all,

We are looking for a race-ready car for a customer who would like to join the championship.
I know Andy Pointer and Ed Pither have advertised cars in the past, so if these or any others are available please could the relevant people get in touch!

Many thanks,
Matt

http://www.tmcmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 26/7/11 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Matt,

I assume that you've seen:
This, this and this?

[Edited on 26/7/11 by TimC]

TMC

posted on 26/7/11 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
Sure have, thanks Tim. Paul and Mikes car have both sold, and the other is on the list to investigate!

http://www.tmcmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 26/7/11 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TMC
Sure have, thanks Tim. Paul and Mikes car have both sold, and the other is on the list to investigate!

At least its not too far to go..

procomp

posted on 27/7/11 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

They are a bit thin on the ground at the moment due to high demand for the championship. We will have one maybe two up for grabs at the end of the season depending on what plans are made for next year. But they will be in high demand also. All good for the championship though proving there is no shortage of drivers trying to get in.

Cheers Matt

swampy

posted on 30/7/11 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Race car

I have Paul Presgraves old car for sale minus engine.
Decided to take on the challange to build from ground up after buying as a complete package with lots of spares.
The car will be minus engine though...

v832b

posted on 9/2/12 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
If any want a front running locost race car I have Paul Bryants old no 11 car for sale.

This is the old no. 11 car from 2011, ex Paul Bryant who raced it till Donington 2011.

This car has had Podiums finishes a regular top 10 finisher, and had a lap record for a short time.

The car is ready to race for the 2012, there are a couple of little things that could be done for 2012, like remove the head lights (a very silly rule I think that is) as the rules have changes. The car is very light, uses the GT gear box, 4.11 gears, well sorted, has a modified front suspension that fails before any chassis damage or will take standard Stewart Taylor / Aries Wish bones.

The car was set up for Paul who is 6’ 2” tall and is now set up for someone 5’ 6” tall.

When I raced it I had approx. 20Kg of ballast and still struggled to get to the limit.

It had a “Caged” light weight cage, quick release steering wheel, Procomp exhaust etc etc.

Note Kirkey seat not included.

If you want a good well proven car, this is one to buy, just get in and race it.

House move forces sale and having far too much stuff.

£4450 ono

Tel 07736393771

Supergoose

posted on 14/2/12 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swampy
I have Paul Presgraves old car for sale minus engine.
Decided to take on the challange to build from ground up after buying as a complete package with lots of spares.
The car will be minus engine though...

i might be interested tell me more

v832b

posted on 15/2/12 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Supergoose...

Have a think about my car as it's complete and ready to go, for a podium finishing car.

But consider when buying a car without engine, a good race engine is not cheap, and put on top of that, a new / rebuild carb and a dizzy that just adds up, even if the exhaust is missing that a good £350...

But I might be biased as trying to sell mine.

steveiow

posted on 15/2/12 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
I have a race engine for sale, fresh build, in the for sale section.

Steve

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

procomp

posted on 16/2/12 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Ok ill join in as well. We have one off the LA LOCOSTS for sale at the higher end of the market. £6.500 ready to race once it has had the pre season work carried out.
Also as it stands with my high BP, i may have my car available for either a 1/2 season or full season. POA

Cheers Matt

puma931

posted on 4/5/12 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
I spotted this one on ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Locost-7-race-car-kit-car-similar-Westfield-Caterham-Ford-1300-cross-flow-/221011771698?pt=Automobiles_UK&has h=item3375540132
Gloves
Junior Builder

Posts 35
Registered 23/12/03
Location Derby

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Selling 750MC Locost, building RaceKits Falcon 750

posted on 5/5/12 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Or mine

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/34/viewthread.php?tid=169531

Cheers,

Mark

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.