Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Going Racing
Supergoose

posted on 7/2/12 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Going Racing

Morning all
Been doing a bit of looking at the 750 motorclub lowcost series.
My missus doesnt want me to race bikes anymore but didnt say anything about cars. Got a bit of saving up but give me a shout as and when cars come available full set up required

eddie99

posted on 7/2/12 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
MK9R

posted on 7/2/12 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
If you love bike racing, check out RGB series run by the 750mc, closest thing to bike racing on 4 wheels

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PAUL FISHER

posted on 7/2/12 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Coming from bike racing I would also say the RGB would be a better route for you.
emidas

posted on 7/2/12 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
750MC Locost Race car for sale - ready to race

I can't agree with suggestion to race RGB - probably because I have a 750MC Locost for Sale, ready to race...!

Its on this site under Market Place - For Sale. Posted 19-1-12 (sorry, can’t connect to the thread)

Reluctant sale of 750MC Locost race car. Comes complete and ready to race in 2012 series.

(Currently fitted with front lights which are no longer required by this year’s regs but easily removed [6 bolts], if you wish.)

Extinguisher serviced and refilled by FEV March 2011. New belts also in March 2011. Includes transponder, lap timer etc

Car was originally built around 2002, raced once in 2004 and 6 times in 2011. – and that’s all the use it has had.
Rolling road set up in April 2011 (Tom Airey) and Procomp chassis/suspension set up in June 2011.

Straight, light 529kg (currently carries 10kg of ballast to meet the regs) and still loads of development potential.

Excellent tyres and spares include unused set of “wets” on rims, diff etc

Lightweight custom made (Warwick) trailer with hydraulic brakes also available separately.

£3995.00 – almost free...!

More photos in my photo archive and more available

Colin Melhuish colinhmel@gmail.com 07711 020798
Location – West Sussex.

Also on Ebay at
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Pistonheads on http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3589044.htm

And 750MC site under classifieds.

(Same deal on all 4 sites!) Any good?

Colin

lsdweb

posted on 8/2/12 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Or you could try the Ma5da series............ I just happen to have a car for sale link

:-)

Wyn

TimC

posted on 8/2/12 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Vultures!

MK9R

posted on 8/2/12 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Vultures!

lol! And please tell me what you were going to post when you clicked on the thread!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 8/2/12 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

If you are looking to find a Locost racer in the near future there are one or two currently available but they may have been sold by the time you are looking to purchase. Ill keep you updated with whats available as the season progresses.

As has been mentioned by the others ( Vultures) there are other formulas within the 750MC that use kitcars such as the F class in RGB and off course the Sports specials ( old KIT CARS Class ). These formulas allow the driver owner to spend money developing there car if that is what takes your fancy as the Locost formula has a set off very tightly controlled regulations specifically to keep the running costs down to a realistic level as an entry formula into motorsport within the 750MC part off that package is the heats and finals so you get double the races for the same entry fee as other formulas.

Ill send a U2U with some details and contact numbers for various teams and driver who have cars / parts etc etc.

Cheers Matt

TimC

posted on 8/2/12 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
lol! And please tell me what you were going to post when you clicked on the thread!!

What is that supposed to mean? I'll get there! Bodywork ready for collection.

[Edited on 8/2/12 by TimC]

MK9R

posted on 8/2/12 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
quote:

What is that supposed to mean? I'll get there! Bodywork ready for collection.

[Edited on 8/2/12 by TimC]

no not like that, I just meant you'd be another vulture trying to send him one way or another

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

TimC

posted on 8/2/12 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
no not like that, I just meant you'd be another vulture trying to send him one way or another

Oh I see, yeah - you're right. I might be tempted to sell my Gemini RGB car........ I'm joking.

lsdweb

posted on 8/2/12 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
And do you think you are calling me a vulture................

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

adithorp

posted on 8/2/12 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
And do you think you are calling me a vulture................

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That vulture knicked half my screen width... but seems to have been replaced by his little brother now.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

lsdweb

posted on 8/2/12 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah sorry about that ! It also stole my "who"!
Supergoose

posted on 13/2/12 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the input gonna, check rgb out. I have always looked at 7 derived kits so they already float my boat.
Works been slow so funds need to pick up before i can purchase any new toys

progers

posted on 15/2/12 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Check-in here to get a feel for RGB, its the forum for RGB Drivers.

http://www.rgb-racing.org.uk/rgbbb/

Cheers

Paul

Supergoose

posted on 16/2/12 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
It looks and sounds belting, but think id rather start with locost then maybe move on to somthing faster : )
procomp

posted on 21/2/12 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Don't get thinking that the speeds are that different between the RGB / Kitcars and Locost. They carry 20Mph more down the straights but come the corners the apex speeds are not that different.

I also spot that your in Leicester which is not that far from ourselves. If you fancy a trip down to J6 M6 i have a few locosts around the workshop that you can cast an eye over to get a feel for whats what on one, Bring a camera if like helps you recall relevant bits and pieces that you may forget Etc.

Cheers Matt

progers

posted on 22/2/12 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi

Don't get thinking that the speeds are that different between the RGB / Kitcars and Locost. They carry 20Mph more down the straights but come the corners the apex speeds are not that different.

Cheers Matt

I do 140mph at Snetterton, ~ 130mph at Brands. Does a locost really get to 120mph? I thought they would struggle to go much over 100mph.

I agree that cornering speeds aren't hugely different (5-10mph) but braking/accelerating on the edge of adhesion is tricky and more extreme in a faster, more powerful car. Especially when you have 6 gears to manage as well :-)

Locost is a great Formula, don't get me wrong. Its a great place to learn the craft of racing.

- Paul

Supergoose

posted on 4/3/12 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
I have a car a refresh to perform, not the 3 per season that im used to if any one has any spare race gear for sale
etc please let me know im very much looking forward to mixing it with you all.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.