Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Happy Fathers Day! What did you get?
bi22le

posted on 15/6/14 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Happy Fathers Day! What did you get?

I received for my second ever Fathers day a large box of Hotel Chocolate ( seriously underated, its not just for women!), a £50 promise for anything car related and my wife looked after our little monkey for the day so I could waste time on the car(no need to go more into that, I did literately WASTE the bloomin' day!)

Anyone else blessed with a day to tinker?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

big_wasa

posted on 15/6/14 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
I got told despite twenty hours work on the house that I hadn't got enough done.
kj

posted on 15/6/14 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
T shirts and time in the garage car running sweet need to wire up Speedo healer and book mot.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

JoelP

posted on 15/6/14 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
The missus got the total wrong end of the stick and organised a family day out. It didn't go down too well when I explained that she was meant to take the kids and do one for the day. Ah well...

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

owelly

posted on 15/6/14 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
I got to go to bed after another 12hr nightshift........with the family being so quiet, I could hear them telling each other to be quiet all day......back at work now for some peace and quiet.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 940
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 15/6/14 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
My kids bought me a hair cut and Turkish shave - the dorris thought it would be a fab day out for us....
So let's get this right.... I've got to go to London (£58 return and 2 hours travel) to have a hair cut at Ted Baker, then I can walk around the shops with her and spend the afternoon on Oxford street.
Give you a clue who's idea this present was?

SWMBO did redeem herself by cooking the most epic steak EVER !
I'm suitably full now watching the football... Smashing !

StevieB

posted on 15/6/14 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
I got a Nespresso machine, which is a little random but very nice all the same.

Then I spent the day in the garden breaking out old fence post bases with my neighbour so we can build our new fence to a better standard than persimmon did in the first place. But at least I was fully buzzed on decent coffee all day

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 15/6/14 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
I got to spend the day at A+E because we thought the boy (3yr old) had broken his foot.
To be honest though any day you walk out of a hospital with your nearest and dearest alive and well is a good one.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

TimC

posted on 15/6/14 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Number 1 son arrived on Wednesday so I was just pleased to "take part" for the first time. I did get a card though - the kid is obviously a genius, his handwriting is better than mine!

INDY BIRD

posted on 15/6/14 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Kids got me up at 05:45 am wife slept in till 9 am grrr and then got a card, and some pics of the kids nice,

Then had to do the gardening and tonight family around and a BBQ I had to cook for eight some day off cheers

Still I love my kids they make me smile just when you need it

DIY Si

posted on 15/6/14 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
I got the pleasure of buying the dinner the other half then cooked for us, having spent the day doing nothing at all that I wanted to do. She also thinks the day should be spent together doing what she thinks, rather than Daddy getting to do what HE wants for a whole day, with no questions asked for once! I wouldn't mind, but she tells me quite often that I should be making more progress!!

But I did get a really good, thick new mug with my little one's paw prints on it for the garage, so not too bad overall.

[Edited on 15/6/14 by DIY Si]

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

carlknight1982

posted on 15/6/14 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Well I didnt get the phone call from my kids that i was hoping for, thanks the ex wife.
I did however get a card from my step son, a mug and a litre bottle of smirnoff gotta love my fiancee

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

paulf

posted on 15/6/14 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
I was lucky enough to get a driving day voucher that lets me drive a Ferrari 360, lambo gallardo, and an aston db9 or v8 vantage.Unfortunately it is only a few laps in each but should be good as an experience depending on whether I get to put my foot down at all.It was surprise as its the first time I have ever had anything other than chocolate on fathers day.
Paul

JacksAvon

posted on 15/6/14 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Rear lights wired up.

Extended wheels studs fitted

Trial fit of 13" rims done.

Rear arches re fitted.

New grp race seat trimmed with new angry grinder

Seat belts mount sorted.

bacon roles

beer

TV

bed

Splendid

Macbeast

posted on 16/6/14 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Four texts

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

mcerd1

posted on 16/6/14 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Number 1 son arrived on Wednesday so I was just pleased to "take part" for the first time. I did get a card though - the kid is obviously a genius, his handwriting is better than mine!

congratulations!

Our little girl arrived just in time for mothers day - so mummy got a card and easter eggs (its what she wanted, apparently they taste better than normal chocolate ?)

and yesterday I got a card and a mug (printed with pictures of me and my baby girl) - my daughters hand writing is also much better than mine now! (defiantly much better than it was back on mothers day, so she's making progress.....)
then we went out for lunch with some of our mates and there baby - for once both babies were both quite quiet

but I think my dad got the best present - fancy new bluepoint spanners

[Edited on 16/6/2014 by mcerd1]

-

Trollyjack

posted on 16/6/14 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Card, Chocholates
Wife said shall we have a Indian takeaway.
So me and the Daugther went and picked it up onroute called for a swift couple pints John Smiths.
So it cost me £30

TrollyJack

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sdh2903

posted on 16/6/14 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
An oil leak to fix
Irony

posted on 16/6/14 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
I got this

Mr Whippy

posted on 16/6/14 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
a nice cuddle from my daughter

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.