Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tuned zetec on carbs
richard munnis

posted on 23/1/17 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Tuned zetec on carbs

Hi folks
Just wondering has anybody out there run a tuned zetec on motorbike carbs if so did they gain much bhp I was thinking of gas flowing the head and fitting cams too mine and using the zx9r carbs I have already attached to my standard engine
Cheers Richard

johnemms

posted on 23/1/17 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Injection - as the revs rise you need to have another set of injectors further away to keep up with the progression.
Carbs 40's - need to have the right size choke fitted which would favor either high or low revs - pull.
Bike - nice and big with sliding variable chokes so great for high and low pull - revs.

I like bike carbs - off and stripped in 10 mins - back on in 10..

Own chassis & Build - First time pass!!
"7's" aren't really "cars", they are 'experiences"

SPYDER

posted on 23/1/17 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Richard. Injection doesn't NEED a second set of injectors. The benefits would be marginal. Loads of Zetecs coping perfectly well on a single set. My 3SGE engine only has a single set.
You do need the right size injectors though.
I suspect that with head work and cams that you may be getting to the point where your ZX9 carbs become the
weak link. Having said that I would be tempted to run with them at first. A rolling road run will show you how
well the carbs are working. Blackbird carbs are 42mm IIRC and may provide a "least cost" alternative.
Ultimately, injection is the way to go.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.