Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another returnee
24vseven

posted on 13/2/17 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Another returnee

Well after 6 years I is back. Jus bought a unfinished project haynes I wonder what joys I have. First choice is engine


[Edited on 13/2/17 by 24vseven]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nickp

posted on 13/2/17 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome back.
Engine choice? Easy, BMW M52B28 230bhp (with M50 minlet manifold) and fit like a glove


View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
24vseven

posted on 13/2/17 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Now that looks snug.
I keep going through the usual. Duratec zetec Bec even considered v6 duratec
Just can decide lol

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben_Copeland

posted on 13/2/17 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Vauxhall turbo

Engine Bay
Engine Bay






Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps


Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member   Ben_Copeland 's Aim This User Has MSN Messenger
Nickp

posted on 13/2/17 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 24vseven
Now that looks snug.
I keep going through the usual. Duratec zetec Bec even considered v6 duratec
Just can decide lol


It is quite snug but goes in fine. The only real challenging part of fitting it was the sump had to be chopped for ground clearance and the exhaust manifolds were a bit tricky too.

These are probably the best pics I have of how the engine sits-









[Edited on 13/2/17 by Nickp]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
24vseven

posted on 14/2/17 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
That's gonna be fun lol
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nickp

posted on 14/2/17 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 24vseven
That's gonna be fun lol


That's the plan

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
garydavison

posted on 1/3/17 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know if you have made a decision on the engine as yet and are working to a budget, but I have a complete 1800cc Zetec engine in the garage along with brand new clutch and fly wheel, alternator, ali pullys...

There is also a complete 4-1 exhaust system for a Duratec.

2 sets of Hi Spec Brake Calipers which are for the front with a Sierra, one set are silver and the other is black. The black set will come with Ferodo DS 2500 pads.

There is a full set front and rear EBC Yellow Pads for Hi Spec Calipers as well.

Other items are a set of Pro Tech Shocks with springs off a Tiger which are about 18 months old and used only for 2 track days and 4 race meetings, I will measure the length if interested.

3 ea 4" dia Head Lights standard tiger rear lights.

2 sets of 13" x 7" Pro Race 1.2 in gloss black, ford 108 ET 24

1 set of Caterham 8 spoke KN wheels in a gloss Anthracite finish - Front wheels are 13"x 6" Rear wheels 13"x 8" all Ford 108 PCD to be confirmed if interested.

There is also 2 sets of Yokohama A048's the soft set are still good for a couple of track days while the Mediums have about 4 mm tread left, plus a set of slick tyres if you fancy something for a track day.

There are many other items in the garage which are all left over from the various cars I have owned and upgraded at different times.

Contact me if anything takes your interest.

Gazza

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nickp

posted on 1/3/17 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garydavison


2 sets of Hi Spec Brake Calipers which are for the front with a Sierra, one set are silver and the other is black. The black set will come with Ferodo DS 2500 pads.

There is a full set front and rear EBC Yellow Pads for Hi Spec Calipers as well.

Other items are a set of Pro Tech Shocks with springs off a Tiger which are about 18 months old and used only for 2 track days and 4 race meetings, I will measure the length if interested.



What size discs are the calipers for? And what length are the shocks?

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
garydavison

posted on 1/3/17 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Nick P,

I have to go over to Siltech Racing tomorrow and measure the disc's and shocks for you....

I forgot to mention in the list that there is also a set of EBC disc's for the front and rear of car as I have changed to a non ventilated disc on the front to try and save another few grams and the rears have been changed to give a deeper bell as I am now running split rim wheels to give the offset I needed.

This is the web link for the EBC Disc's: http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/ebc-turbo-groove_c2918_23812923_192_307_34241.htm

Regards, Gazza

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nickp

posted on 1/3/17 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garydavison
Hi Nick P,

I have to go over to Siltech Racing tomorrow and measure the disc's and shocks for you....

I forgot to mention in the list that there is also a set of EBC disc's for the front and rear of car as I have changed to a non ventilated disc on the front to try and save another few grams and the rears have been changed to give a deeper bell as I am now running split rim wheels to give the offset I needed.

This is the web link for the EBC Disc's: http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/ebc-turbo-groove_c2918_23812923_192_307_34241.htm

Regards, Gazza


Okey dokey

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
24vseven

posted on 1/3/17 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Well the decisions made. What's the asking price for the duratec 4-1 exhaust and possibly the shocks.

[Edited on 1/3/17 by 24vseven]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
sdh2903

posted on 1/3/17 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
If the duratec will fit then so will the ecoboost

Ecoboost1
Ecoboost1


[Edited on 1/3/17 by sdh2903]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.