|When I did mine it was really easy as it has a live rear axle. My locost is almost completely flat underneath. The diff' casing pokes through a
8 x 4 inch hole by about 1/2 inch. Axle movement is very small and it's handy for a trolley jack to be used. There are 4 tapered aluminium fins
underneath, bonded and riveted in place. The difference it makes is huge and was well worth the effort. |
With independent suspension you will have more gaps to allow for movement, so I think I would make a card template first.
The rear section (under the axle) I made out of 1.2mm galvanised sheet, I just happened to have, was intended to be a template. When I made it to the
correct shape/size, it actually didn't weigh much so it went on! It has been on a year or so now and working well.