Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: World Rally X
LBMEFM

posted on 26/5/17 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
World Rally X

Once again Lydden Hill plays host to the UK round of the World Rally X series this weekend, this is the last one at the home of Rally X as will be held at the incredibly tedious Silverstone next year. weather looks good, is anybody from here going?
bi22le

posted on 26/5/17 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
I wish!

I looked for dates the moment I heard this is the last one but it is my daughters 4th birthday party tomorrow and I have a uni deadline on Tuesday, so its not going to happen.

I really think I am going to miss out on history. Rally x has not been so spectacular and popular since the 90s and proper small scale grassroots tracks wont get a sniff untill the motorsport fat cats have bled it dry again.

Have fun and soak up the occasion. Lydden Hill is a strange place, but very fun.

Interesting fact - my 1st ever track day was at Lydden Hill.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

LBMEFM

posted on 27/5/17 at 05:27 AM Reply With Quote
That's a shame bi22le, I am really looking forward to it, totally agree with you with regards to the fat cats, there is still the British championship though . Unfortunately, track days are also rare this year at Lydden with one in June I can't make and another on a Wednesday in July and the next in September but I shall will probably do them. have a great party.

My interesting fact: I was present at the very first Rally X meeting in 1967 at the age of 14.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.