Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 205 GTi brake bias pedal box, cable clutch
snakebelly

posted on 30/5/17 at 06:33 AM Reply With Quote
205 GTi brake bias pedal box, cable clutch

Bought from OBP a few years ago but i moved the car on before i had a chance to fit it and I'm now having a clear out. comes complete with the adjustment cable but no master cylinders. You can even have the slightly crumpled OBP sticker! don't think they do these any more but its a well built piece of kit. As you can see this has the clutch pedal as well for the cabled clutch.

Has a few scratches etc from knocking around the workshop but is new and unfitted.

Item is located in Market Drayton Shropshire and can be collected from there or from Church Stretton, Shropshire.

£140 ovno plus £15 P&P unless you want to collect. Payment by bank transfer

Picture here:
Photo

[Edited on 30/5/17 by snakebelly]

[Edited on 30/5/17 by snakebelly]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

nick205

posted on 30/5/17 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote

nick205

posted on 30/5/17 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Hi snakebelly,

Not interested in the part, but being familiar with 205 GTIs I'm wondering what goes in front of the peddle box.

Is there a special servo with dual brake master cylinders?

snakebelly

posted on 30/5/17 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
From memory you loose the servo functionality, its really a race/rally part, if you fit the adjustment cable you wouldn't pass an MOT anyway!
loggyboy

posted on 30/5/17 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
if you fit the adjustment cable you wouldn't pass an MOT anyway!

Why?

Mistral Motorsport

snakebelly

posted on 30/5/17 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Your not supposed to be able to adjust the brake bias whilst in motion, from memory i think for an MOT you also need to lock the bias bar somehow as well. Like all things MOT it depends on how good your tester is as to whether or not he picks it up
loggyboy

posted on 30/5/17 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
Your not supposed to be able to adjust the brake bias whilst in motion, from memory i think for an MOT you also need to lock the bias bar somehow as well. Like all things MOT it depends on how good your tester is as to whether or not he picks it up

Pretty sure its only IVA that expects the for the bias adjuster to be locked. Bias adjuster should be fine for MOT - but the lack of servo may fail (where fitted as standard), but as you say that depends on tester.

Mistral Motorsport

snakebelly

posted on 30/5/17 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Asked the question of my tester recently as i was putting one of our track cars through an MOT, we doe this every year anyway as i like to get another pair of eyes over the car and he reckoned it was a fail, as with all things MOT a lot of it is down to interpretation by the tester though.
nick205

posted on 30/5/17 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Losing the servo makes sense, but then a 205 is not a heavy car so it shouldn't be a driving issue. Track prepped cars I've seen tend to be stripped out as well making it lighter still.

No idea on MoT rules for this, but I'd imagine removing a servo from a car that was supplied built with one could be an issue.

[Edited on 30/5/17 by nick205]

obfripper

posted on 30/5/17 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
There are some allowances for race/rally prepared vehicles for these kind of modifications, the vehicle should either be msa logbooked or have the outward appearance of a rally/race car in construction and components.
I've only used this part of the manual a few times, but dvsa emphasize to only apply it to bona fide vehicles of this type, and fail anything like this on an otherwise standard car.

https://www.mot-testing.service.gov.uk/documents/manuals/m4i00000502.htm
Paragraph 5 is the relevant part.

Dave

snakebelly

posted on 2/6/17 at 05:49 AM Reply With Quote
Really want this gone so if anyone can use it ill take £90 + P&P

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.