Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hotpoint Condenser Dryer
Schrodinger

posted on 4/1/20 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hotpoint Condenser Dryer

I have a Hotpoint condenser dryer and it has stopped working. No lights come on and nothing works. The fuse is ok as I have taken it out and checked it in another appliance.
Is there anybody who can offer some advice?
I have taken the top off and the first connection is to a Iskra 0.47uF capacitor which I think is for electronic noise suppression, if this has blown would that stop everything?

Keith
Aviemore

number-1

posted on 5/1/20 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Is there a reset button on the rear? I had a thermal overload issue and it needed resetting via the button.

Or possibly the door switch?

[Edited on 5/1/20 by number-1]

ReMan

posted on 5/1/20 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Ignore the capacitor.
As said tri, or door switch or programme timer
Apart from the heater theres not much else in them!

Its not tripped your Ring RCD has it?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Schrodinger

posted on 6/1/20 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the suggestions. It hasn't tripped the mains and I can't find a reset button but will have another look.

Keith
Aviemore

paulf

posted on 6/1/20 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
The thermal overload is normally in the rear cover that is over the heater elements, it is central on the main rear cover.When removed the overload is a small round object with two lucar connectors there should be a small hole in it about 1 mm dia that you can push a bit of stiff wire into to reset it.
Whilst it is apart check the element for burnt fluff as this is where the issues with them arise.
After buying my hot point condensing drier i sent it back to Argos after a week as it took all day to dry a load, i swapped it for a conventional drier which used to trip the thermal overload all the while and was eventually swapped for a newer model by hot point as part of there recall.This one tripped regularly and i ditched it and bough a Samsung heat pump drier.
I also had a hot point washing machine that the heater burnt out after 3 months and the concrete balance weights broke off the drum and destroyed the housing, flooding the utility room when it was 13 months old.After many phone conversations with Hotpoint I got a full refund and compensation for the floor and so bought a Samsung washer to match the drier ad have had no issues since.
Sorry if its a rant but i am determined to never have Hotpoint products in my house again and like to warn others.
Paul.

ttalps2000

posted on 7/1/20 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
the last hotpoint dryer i bought was removed from my daughters kitchen by the fire brigade after it caught fire and filled the kitchen with smoke!

best thing to do is dump it and buy a decent brand. Hotpoint will go into liquidation soon i reckon!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.