Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA external projections - I think I know...
TimC

posted on 14/4/20 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
IVA external projections - I think I know...

Evening All,

Planning for IVA is continuing and I wanted to check a couple of things with the intelligentsia...

Firstly, I think my exhaust tailpipe looks okay, yes?
Description
Description

Next, the bonnet straps aren’t going to pass but if I get my in-house seamstress (wife loves to sew - NHS scrubs at present BTW) to replace the leather and belt buckle with vinyl and Velcro or snap-poppers that should be okay, right?
Description
Description

Finally, these bonnet pins are never going to pass, but what if I file the riveted-on bit flat and then use a snap-ring (think posh circular carabiner key-ring) with a 5mm dia instead of the push-through bar?
Description
Description

Cheers!

P.S. can anyone recommend a suitable immobiliser?

theduck

posted on 15/4/20 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Exhaust is fine.

You could fit covers over the other parts, thinking a thicker stretchy material sewn into a pocketed shape with an elasticated opening and just put over the offending parts. I did the same for my harness mounts.

adithorp

posted on 15/4/20 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
Exhaust looks fine.

Could you make sleeves from neoprene (wetsuit) material to slide over the bonnet straps? They could be slid back to buckle and then pulled down over them once done up.

Something similar to cover the boot pins. A flap traped under it that folds over the top once pinned and held down with a press-stud?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

TimC

posted on 15/4/20 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Are actions that temporary-looking likely to be good enough?

russbost

posted on 15/4/20 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimC
Are actions that temporary-looking likely to be good enough?

No, their criteria are, "permanent, durable & serviceable", however, if you have a good seamstress on hand then the neoprene material could make some excellent covers & velcro would be adequate as method of attachment

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
theduck

posted on 15/4/20 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Caterham actually sell rubber covers for IVA for their bonnet catches. No good here but shows the idea is suitable.
CosKev3

posted on 15/4/20 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
You dont need an immobiliser if you have two items of security?

Ignition key and steering barrel lock are two items,if you have them!

Otherwise any Thatcham approved immobiliser off Ebay will be fine

TimC

posted on 15/4/20 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, I think the neoprene covers for the belt-type straps will work well. I’m less sure about the bonnet pins bit believe I can see a way of doing that.

More to follow - thanks for the advice all.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.