Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Selling Advice wanted
mcramsay

posted on 30/8/20 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Selling Advice wanted

It’s been a while since I sold a car online and eBay seems to have cracked down on using their site as an advertisement platform through an auction type add,

Has any one any advice for selling a kit car through eBay or some other website?

I was looking to go down the eBay classified add route so I can do the deal outside of the website. I am not interested in an auction type sale. I Was also looking to put an add up on car and classic & piston heads as well

Any eBay advice would be great!!

steve m

posted on 30/8/20 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Depending on what car it is, i used "We buy any car", and can only say that i was well pleased with it

Had to sell Mothers Vauxhall Corsa, and ebay similar models were making 6k, plus you have to pay fees etc, and all the tyre kickers etc, and hassle
I was offered 5k from a local garage, as a trade deal, yet we buy any car price was 7k, and thats what i got,
Well, i actually got £6925, as it was £75 fees,

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

ragindave

posted on 30/8/20 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
selling a car

eBay classified £19.99 no other fees
Autotrader is a good option.
Face book market place is free and ideal for a cheaper car, sale attracts local buyers.
Gumtree free.

mcramsay

posted on 30/8/20 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info. I don’t think we buy any car would be interested.

eBay classified add seems to be the best way to go. I might even try piston heads.

jelly head

posted on 31/8/20 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Have used Pistonheads and Fleabay for selling cars, both were ok, few more idiots on ebay, but pistonheads isn't imune from them. I used Pistonheads when selling my kit as it seemed more appropriate at the time, but ebay definitely reaches a wider audience.
Mr Whippy

posted on 31/8/20 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Gumtree for me, bought and sold plenty on there. Once sold a car on ebay and was fuming at how much they charged and never sold on it again.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 31/8/20 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Gumtree for me, bought and sold plenty on there. Once sold a car on ebay and was fuming at how much they charged and never sold on it again.

Me too, Whippy

I sold a Rover 75 on fleabay, selling price was £2200
Buyer had to pay Paypal, so that i would release the car to a friend of his who was local, and would drive it away
And the fleabay charges, were high

I believe i came away with just over £1800, and was NOT HAPPY

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

SJ

posted on 1/9/20 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
You also get some right muppets on ebay. A couple of guys from Birmingham bought my Mondeo but didn't seem to know what they had bought and came to haggle on price, and tried to insist I didn't need to fill v5 in. I told them where to stick it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.