Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fisher seat runners ? Any recommendations
goonbell73

posted on 25/9/20 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Fisher seat runners ? Any recommendations

I’ve recently become an owner of a fury with the original factory low back seats and was wondering if anyone has experience of seat runners that work well ?
Want to be able to get my father behind the wheel and was hoping not to have to unbolt seat and move every time he wants to drive .
Any advice greatly appreciated- not looking like much in way of movement needed so roll bar headrests should still work well
Thanks
Jim

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/9/20 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
All I'd say is I would recommend you go for runners that lock both rails as those which only lock on one side rock a lot and it's worth paying a bit more for them. Car Builder Solutions have them £18 for single locking and £26 or £32 for double locking. Page 271 on their downloadable PDF catalogue.

They do provide hole spacing dimensions, hopefully some will match your seats...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 25/9/20 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
I had single locking ones from CBS. They're fine but in 9rder to work well they have to be mounted pretty accurately parallel or they'll stick/bind. They'll also raise the seats by about 20mm unless the seats are already mounted on spacer blocks.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

snapper

posted on 26/9/20 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
The original lie back seats I have in mine are bolted under the front and at the top of the back of the seat, I’m not sure a simple set of seat runners will work without some modification to the seat

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

goonbell73

posted on 29/9/20 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the suggestions - think I’ll probably wait and just set the seat up for me at the moment

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.