Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PayPal resolution centre
roadrunner

posted on 2/11/20 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
PayPal resolution centre

Has anyone had any experience with this.

I purchased some wetwall panels through Gumtree and paid through PayPal.
Unfortunately the panels are only half the size as advertised.
Contacted seller through gumtree and they want me to send them back for a full refund. But shipping costs are nearly £60 and I would like my money back first as I could loose out more here.
I asked seller to organise for collection so they can pay and guarantee that the panels will be returned but its a no go.
Put a claim through the resolution centre but all I get is seller telling me to send them back.
What is my best course of action.

Thanks in advance

Brad

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/11/20 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Returning faulty goods bought online

The Consumer Contracts Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.

If you receive goods that are faulty and don’t do what they're supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same rights under the Consumer Rights Act as you have when buying face to face.

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item don't apply where the goods being returned are faulty.

linky

IMHO your still waiting on your item to be delivered, what they've sent to your house is their problem. Make sure you have a copy of the the original advert or it is at least the sizes are described on the order receipt in case they go and alter it.

[Edited on 2/11/20 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
roadrunner

posted on 2/11/20 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that. Some very useful information there.
Still think they should pay for collection thought.

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/11/20 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Absolutely, there's no reason at all for you to pay for it and they don't have a legal leg to stand on. Just send them that link and say I await your collection details and my item.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
roadrunner

posted on 2/11/20 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a plan.
steve m

posted on 2/11/20 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
I bought off an Ebay dealer a brand new Blue ray dvd player, that when it arrived, was not Blue ray
Contacted seller, who sent me a prepaid parcelforce label, via ebay, i packaged it up, and took it to the post office, and had a refund within a week later

So i can understand why the seller needs the stuff back first, before a refund, but if the items are not as described, its their mistake, so their responsibility
to rectify and get the goods back to them

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 2/11/20 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Personally, and if you're still Ofer the correct goods, I'd suggest the seller send out the right items, and schedules for collection of the incorrect ones at the same time! They've got no excuse then, other than to say they need dimensions, weights etc. - all of which they'll know, having sent items out in the first place! Only thing you'll lose out on is the packaging.

From their PoV, I suppose they gets lots of chancers saying "missing" or "wrong item" and Paypal tends to favour buyers most of the time, so they're only looking to cover themselves.

But you're right; at almost £60 P&P, I'd be hesitant, too. Get Paypal and/or the seller to confirm in writing that *if* you have to send items back first, then all costs are covered - and try to pay for this using PayPal too!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Theshed

posted on 3/11/20 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Were You told (by small print or otherwise) that you would be expected to bear the cost of any returns? See reg 35 of the Consumer Contracts regulations. If not whether faulty or not the seller needs to pay. If you were then you will need to show that the goods did not match the description or were faulty. I would write an old fashioned letter to the seller sent recorded delivery. So easy to ignore e-mails!
nick205

posted on 4/11/20 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Theshed
Were You told (by small print or otherwise) that you would be expected to bear the cost of any returns? See reg 35 of the Consumer Contracts regulations. If not whether faulty or not the seller needs to pay. If you were then you will need to show that the goods did not match the description or were faulty. I would write an old fashioned letter to the seller sent recorded delivery. So easy to ignore e-mails!

Ditto - written letters sent recorded delivery are one of my favoured means of communicating when you want to be taken seriously. I find they usually get results more effectively than emails for that same reason as montioned - people don't ignore them!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.