Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS colchester student lathe with all the accessories.
tegwin

posted on 5/12/20 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
FS colchester student lathe with all the accessories.

I bought this 10 year ago and had a great time making little steam engines and things. I’ve now moved and don’t have a workshop so it’s time to find a new hobby.

Colchester student mk1 medium size. Single phase with screw cutting and power feeds on both axes. Working suds pump and a few containers of gear oil.

Comes with 5 chucks, couple of face plates, sliding eccentric steady plus a mahusive box of cutting tools, a big box of taper shank drills from 10-33mm. Also has a box of assorted taps and dies with it.

All fully working and ready to perform!

Really sad to part ways with this... I will want it when I retire.. but in the meantime.....

Located in Plymouth and you will need to collect.

Asking for £600 for all of it. Given what’s with it I recon that’s a fair price.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Slimy38

posted on 5/12/20 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
If I had the money, and the transport, and the forgiving wife, I'd be all over this... I just hope it sells quickly so I don't get tempted every time I login!
HowardB

posted on 5/12/20 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
that is an amazing price - My Boxford cost me more than that with less than half the accessories

GLWTS

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

tegwin

posted on 5/12/20 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HowardB
that is an amazing price - My Boxford cost me more than that with less than half the accessories

GLWTS

Hmm.... maybe I’ve under estimated it’s value... only downside is it’s a ball ache to move!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

JonBowden

posted on 5/12/20 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Bugger, everything big and heavy that I want to buy is too far away.

Jon

David Jenkins

posted on 6/12/20 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
I think you should reconsider that price - I had an identical lathe with many accessories, and I sold it for spares for £500 (it was on its last legs with worn gears in the headstock). Mine was 3-phase, so a 1-phase should be more saleable. By the way the buying company snapped my hand off when I suggested a price, I think I sold it too cheap despite it being knackered...

Take a look on ebay to see what just 1 second-hand Colchester chuck costs, and the cost of steadies, etc. You could probably make £600 on the accessories alone.

And I might be telling you something you know already - but make sure any buyer doesn't underestimate the weight and difficulty of moving it - I worked it out that my lathe weighed a little more than my Locost, and a large part of the weight is in the upper half. Dangerous to move if you aren't careful. Anyone who buys it should expect to pay a few hundred Pounds to get it professionally moved.

eddie99

posted on 6/12/20 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Ill have it. PM

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
COREdevelopments

posted on 6/12/20 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Interested if still available

Rob

ChrisL

posted on 7/12/20 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
dibs #3

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.