Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Landrover brake pipe clips
jps

posted on 25/1/23 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
Landrover brake pipe clips

Has anyone used Landrover (or any other manufacturer) push in style brake pipe clips?

Normally i'd use Car Builder Solutions - but the ones they do need quite a large hole (7.5mm) to push into, and this is going into a thinner bit of tubing, so i'm looking for something that might go into a smaller hole if I can.

There are plenty of twin-brake pipe clips for Landrovers on eBay (like these: 5 Genuine Double/Twin Brake Pipe Clips Fixings 90/110 Defender, but just asking here incase there are other options i haven't stumbled across.

Also - i'm assuming Landrovers use 4.8mm/3,16ths brake pipe....

[Edited on 25/1/23 by jps]

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 25/1/23 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
For the road-going kit build I used these:

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/push-in-brake-pipe-clips?gclid=Cj0KCQiAw8OeBhCeARIsAGxWtUyq-AKHvsU0GGz0plUfMuYqhXRZcYMFx9sFfm1p9fotRjHhJRq98DQaAq7UEALw_ wcB

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/brake-line-clip-3-16-pack-of-10-blc-3

Which I'm guessing aren't the ones you want, from what you say, needing a 6mm hole.

For the Landrover (1967 vintage), I used the rubber lined P-clips, secure with a rivet (3-4mm hole).

For the race car, Goodridge 600 hose, secured with cable ties.

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/1/23 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
On my Landrover I used brass P clips rivetted to the chassis which was much more secure than the push in type, you can buy them off ebay.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 25/1/23 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
On my MK Indy I used plastic P clips rivetted onto the chassis rails. Whilst forming the brake pipes I used string or cable ties to hold them loosely in place. Then went back and secured once I'd formed the pipe run.

Worked on the basis I had a big box of rivets, plastic P clips were cheap enough and I also had the right sized drill bits for the rivets. In 3 years (until I sold the car) I didn't need to remove a P clip.

coyoteboy

posted on 26/1/23 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I'd not be drilling the chassis for such things, I'd tack on a bracket. Tubes don't get drilled unless they're reinforced, for me.

[Edited on 26/1/23 by coyoteboy]

adithorp

posted on 26/1/23 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
I used them.

They require quite a big hole (and don't seal), so I fitted them on ally tags which are riveted to the chassis. For the long run along the tunnel they're in an ally strip that runs the length but is only mounted to the chassis in 3-4 places. I used larger ones to carry the fuel pipes via the same strip/tags

[Edited on 26/1/23 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

nick205

posted on 26/1/23 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Regards sealing, my rivets were closed end to prevent moisture passing into the inside of the chassis rails.

[img][/img]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.