Board logo

RAW STRIKER winter upgrades (roll cage pics)
INDY BIRD - 8/11/12 at 12:10 PM

Well started with the winter upgrades and decided to fit a roll cage and side bars,

bit of security well better than nothing, i know its not as per regs etc but it suits the car i think and was looking for some thing that will do something of a job mainly side protection,

hope you like

pics

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Dopdog - 8/11/12 at 12:29 PM

looks good the on ly thing i would say is the bar across the middle might need to be bent in the middle as you will hit your head on it with a crash helmet on?

only a suggestion

PS
have a look at my photos of my old car and cage

[Edited on 8/11/12 by Dopdog]

INDY BIRD - 8/11/12 at 12:33 PM

thankfully its well clear of me checked it with helmet on etc when fitting it all together,

i have over 4 inch clearance,i am a shortie at 5ft 6" so plenty of clearance there.

but thanks for the reply,

i know raw normally bend there bars on the side and aswell and have no centre bar, but wanted it to be kept straight if i could,

thanks and hope you new project is comming together

sean

[Edited on 8/11/12 by INDY BIRD]

mcg - 8/11/12 at 12:40 PM

This looks awsome - I will probably look to somthing similar in the future. Will be great when painted. Nice work

bi22le - 8/11/12 at 01:16 PM

How are you going to paint it with out tripping the whole car? Also how did you join the front and sides.

I may do something like this over the winter on my striker to it did not cost that much.

What Im getting at is - i want more details and when can i invite my self round to see your car!?!

Oh wait i just did that!!

INDY BIRD - 8/11/12 at 02:48 PM

Bi22Ie u2u me ur no and I'll give u a call to discuss if thats ok thanks sean

PAUL FISHER - 8/11/12 at 06:25 PM

Superb Sean, post some more pictures when its all painted

INDY BIRD - 9/11/12 at 12:17 AM

Thanks Paul illl keep you updated,

Sean