Board logo

STONELEIGH
bob - 11/3/02 at 10:22 PM

Not long to go,so whose going and whose taking the bar-b-q.
Veggies welcome (DAVE)

locodude - 11/3/02 at 10:32 PM

Hi Bob
Count me in for one. I'll travel down on saturday and camp overnight, travel back when hangover receeds on sunday. I'll bring some beer, I'm not allowed to use a bbq, I get drunk and things get burned!
Chris (northern git)

merlin - 11/3/02 at 11:29 PM

I'll be there on one of the days Bob, not sure which yet! (sorry to swear but we are going in a westfield!!)

bigdaddyadd - 11/3/02 at 11:38 PM

If the missus gives me some pocket money or I can sneak the old plastic out I'll be there its only up the road

Dunc - 11/3/02 at 11:50 PM

I'll be at Stoneleigh again this year. Are there any plans to have a plot of land set aside for the board members? or is everyone just going and huddling round the nearest BBQ. PS. I'll help you drink your beer chris as long as its not that french crap.

Dunc

bob - 12/3/02 at 08:30 AM

Camping wise its a bit of 1st come 1st served.I've camped twice there in recent years and the only preference would be,get near a toilet.
Luckily there is no shortage of toilet/washrooms/showers,if the weather is good Mrs bob and junior are threatening to tag along DOH!!!!!.
So if your lasses are moaning about another weekend away do me a favour and bring them,it will save me!
They can have their annual builders wives conference

locodude - 12/3/02 at 07:37 PM

Sorry Bob
It ain't gonna happen. It's a couple of days away from the Dragon and I plan to get totally shitfaced and no Dunc the beer will have a Northern feel to it and will rhyme with fest ritter, none of that there ladies beer. I'll fetch some babycham down for you southern types!?!?
Chris (yorkshire born and yorkshire bred, tight of pocket and thick of head )

bob - 12/3/02 at 10:48 PM

"CHUFFING HELL"
I will have to pay one of them hitmen thingy's to get out of this one.
I know, i'll tell her one of you is related to a mad hammer wielding yorkshire lorry driver.
Now which one,AHH got it and there's no
CATCH.

bob - 13/3/02 at 02:10 PM

Chris(PTM)

Sorted,Mrs bob has given me another weekend pass. YIPPEE!!.
I'll be there saturday afty then,pitch tent get radio on (is it cup final weekend)

We can talk later as to where we will pitch.

Dazza - 13/3/02 at 04:32 PM

i should be there, all being well, keep me from the barbeq as i have been known to burn the odd thing or two!!!

i can handle passing out the beer thou!!!!

locodude - 13/3/02 at 06:20 PM

Hey Bob
Just thought on, it's bank hol weekend I think so the show is sun-mon. May have to rethink the day of visit? Is sat-sun or sun-mon better. I can't do both, what with le mans coming up!
Chris

Jasper - 13/3/02 at 06:26 PM

I'm planning to come with the wife on the Sunday as nobody seems to recon much to Detling.....

bob - 13/3/02 at 06:27 PM

Chris(PTM) What are you like!!!
Its SAT/SUN/MON for me,Just tell her you broke down sat night on the way out of gate!!

ChrisW - 13/3/02 at 06:39 PM

I'm up for this guys as I've managed to miss it two years running. Will try and bring a few ppl along.

Chris

Dazza - 19/3/02 at 12:13 AM

Has to be SAT/SUN/MON, make excuses if you have to guys, its a MAN thing!!!!

Metal Hippy™ - 19/3/02 at 12:28 AM

Because obviously Dazza is ALL man....

David Jenkins - 19/3/02 at 09:49 AM

Any room for a BOF on a one-day pass?

(Probably Saturday)

Dazza - 19/3/02 at 06:01 PM

I AM all man, all 16 stone's of me!!!!!

always welcome, 1 day or 3, ain't that right.

bob - 19/3/02 at 07:41 PM

There's no show saturday,but its nice to get in there and sort the tent.
Its a big place and everyone who camps for the weekend are all in little groups,obviously ours will be the BIGGEST!!

David Jenkins - 20/3/02 at 08:32 AM

quote:
There's no show saturday

Bugger! I'll be there on Sunday then...

David

bob - 20/3/02 at 07:56 PM

Dave
the show is sunday monday as its bank holiday.

Dazza - 22/3/02 at 11:06 PM

BOB, not sure our group will be the biggest, but after a few beers, it might be the loudest!!!!!!!!

bob - 23/3/02 at 06:30 PM

Dazza
I know but i like to talk it up a bit!!

Dazza - 24/3/02 at 03:23 AM

after this year, there will be no need, reputation will preceed us!!!!!!!

bob - 2/4/02 at 06:50 PM

Dazza
You bring the tent(now its yours)and i'll fetch the throw away barbeq since nobody has a proper one.
We can get tucker enroute!!

Dazza - 6/4/02 at 01:37 PM

ok, but thought you had a new tent, bigger!!!!!!

bob - 6/4/02 at 01:57 PM

EEEEEER! its a big tent and it sleeps 7 and if i'm not mistaken there are two of us.
Yours sleeps 4 at a push,we havnt got that fat have we?

Dazza - 7/4/02 at 11:20 AM

ok, ok, just thought you might want to use yours, no problem, i will take mine!!

bob - 7/4/02 at 09:27 PM

OK then i'll take cookers and bits.
Whats the deal then i've paid for your tickets £15 and you pay the derv then.
I'll get the tucker you get the grog?
I'll get that chile again as it keeps everything working,if you know what i mean.
I've got the big throw away barbq's so its cow sat night

locodude - 7/4/02 at 09:39 PM

Hey guys
Mrs Plastictankman seems to think it's ok for both days so I may take her up on the offer. You'd better get enough beer'n beef for me too!
I'm ok for accomodation, mrs plastictankman's bought me a cheap tent for my birthday as can be seen on the news page of my most marvelous website. Do you think she's trying to get rid of me or what?
CGPTM

bob - 7/4/02 at 09:58 PM

See you in the afternoon then

locodude - 7/4/02 at 10:08 PM

Hey Bob
What time are you guys planning on arriving, I may well not get there till early evening, weather permitting of course.
CGPTM

bob - 8/4/02 at 01:09 PM

Chris
We will probably take a stroll up there mid afternoon.
Any preference on area to camp?

Dazza - 8/4/02 at 08:16 PM

bob, ok to all, see ya soon...

locodude - 8/4/02 at 10:11 PM

Bob
I think the Tigers and Hoods take a goodly contingent so lets start by pissing on their fires eh?
Chris PTM

bob - 9/4/02 at 06:26 PM

Chris
The tigers and hoods are normally straight ahead at the gate,and yes they do fill the area and early too.
We'll just plonk ourselves anywhere in between pub and showers.
Unless anyones got a definate spot,do you know if locost club have an area reserved?

locodude - 9/4/02 at 07:15 PM

I don't know but I will find out tommorrow night!
Chris PTM

phil.shelton - 12/4/02 at 09:57 PM

aint been for a few years but got to go this year plan to start build july wife permitting so how will i know whwre you guys are think we all need tee shirts with www.locostbuilder.co.uk printed on them so we know whos who. Dont want to get mixed up with that westy lot.

Dazza - 12/4/02 at 10:02 PM

we are the ugly, tall, short , plump, skinny, bad, stupid and dopy looking bunch!!!!

Look for a red cavalier with a for sale sign or 2 in it, that will be mine!!!!!!!!! Might have a porsche attached to the back on a trailer to, might not????

bob - 12/4/02 at 10:35 PM

quote:
we are the ugly, tall, short , plump, skinny, bad, stupid and dopy looking bunch!!!!

Spot on as usual dazza

locodude - 13/4/02 at 11:59 AM

Dazza
You missed out LOUD!!!
Chris PTM

Dazza - 13/4/02 at 12:06 PM

WELL, I THOUGHT THAT WAS A GIVEN!!!!!!

bob - 28/4/02 at 07:57 AM

The locost car club area is 39C,this information is from the club web site.

locodude - 28/4/02 at 08:28 AM

Hi
I think that area is just for cars not camping. Does'nt matter where we camp, I'll just take the car over to the show area in the morning after my glass of resolve and a bacon sarnie!
Chris PTM

Dazza - 28/4/02 at 12:59 PM

wont have a porsche on the back as i sold it.... Might not even be in the cavalier, as the clutch has gone to the scrapyard in the sky, so unless i get one fitted this week, it will be in a slow crappy van or a cav SRi if i have not sold it by then?

Dont think Bob and all the gear will fit on the back of my 6R, so will have to get my cav sorted i guess!!!!!

locodude - 28/4/02 at 03:02 PM

So Guys
Who's actually going, which day(s) and who's camping out. I still don't know for sure who if anyone is coming from the frozen north other than myself, should know by wednesday though.
Chris PTM

bob - 28/4/02 at 07:53 PM

Me and Dazza are there are there sat afternoon for sure,although i might be walking unless we can get a clutch in the diseasal cav.
There is a possible 3 more lads coming up from the south,and theconrod,merlin and a few others are there sunday.
ChrisW and james have yet to comfirm camping or not and 5 others who have posted on here.
Chris i'm bringing a pukka bar-b so fetch your meat!!!

Dazza - 28/4/02 at 08:05 PM

OK, well as Bob has said, he and I are there sat, for sun and mon show. But, the cav can stay broken, as i have just got a great trany diesel, and there are some extra seats in it, so if any guys want to come for the ride from west london on sat, returning mon aft/eve, let me know, just chip in a few quid for fuel and its all sorted.... have a few spare seats so let me know......

locodude - 28/4/02 at 09:33 PM

OK Guys
I'll see if I can muster some troops. I should be there just after tea time on Saturday depending on the weather (no roof and all that). Oh and Bob, I never go anywhere without my Meat!?!?!?
Chris PTM (meaty beaty big and bouncy!!)

Dunc - 28/4/02 at 10:07 PM

I'll be coming down either sun or mon or maybe both, I haven't quite decided, but I don't have a clue what any of you guys look like unless you're wearing your cool t-shirts or have name badges or something. So excuse me if I don't introduce myself to you's.

phil.shelton - 29/4/02 at 05:53 PM

If anyone in south area of leicester wants to go but aint got transport iam going sunday and could give you a lift only going for the day.

bob - 29/4/02 at 06:10 PM

I don't have a clue what any of you guys look like

Dunc

There are some dodgy pics of some of us on locodudes website,in the bar ofcourse!!

Dazza - 30/4/02 at 06:54 PM

Just look for the strangest transit you have ever seen, and you will find some of us!!!!!

Its white, and resembles a large metrocab!!!

it will have a for sale sign or 2 in the window no dowt!!!!

My number will be on one of the signs so you will be able to reach us that way!

bob - 30/4/02 at 08:47 PM

And yes,it really is the stangest transit i've ever seen.
I will name it the fat popemobile.

phil - 30/4/02 at 09:04 PM

hi boys,
does any one kow how much per night it is to camp?,what the site is like? and if you pay camping and entry for both days as a whole or seperate entry fees for each day?
cheers phil....

bob - 1/5/02 at 06:17 PM

I paid £15 for a weekend ticket and sun/mon entry.
You can camp from midday saturday to midday tuesday if you want and the site is ok,very big with lots of showers and toilets.
Oh! and a pub with grub which is handy.
All in all its good value and Leamington Spa is not far for grub (Bar-B-Q sun night weather permiting,what the hell sat night as well)

Jasper - 2/5/02 at 11:46 AM

Finally going to get to my first show on Sunday (as long as it's not p*ss*ng down). Would like to meet up with some of you if poss, anybody fancy posting a mobile number or two?

bob - 2/5/02 at 11:57 AM

How about 1pm sunday at the locost car club area,according to the newsletter thats area 39C.

Liam - 2/5/02 at 12:22 PM

I've just worked out that the Kit car show I'm going to in Warwick on Sunday IS Stoneleigh! Duur.

So hopefully I'll be able to meet some of you there - do I look for the T-shirts or are they not happening?

I'd love to camp but I'm going to a run-what-you-brung at Santa Pod, where I'm gonna show some people a thing or two about French engineering with my 1.1 Pug 205. Should wipe a few smiles off peoples faces when it drives a whole quarter mile AND comes back again.

Liam

locodude - 2/5/02 at 08:18 PM

Bob and Dazza
I'll be arriving at Stoneleigh at around 5.30-6.0pm with meat and beer. It would have been earlier but I'm calling in to see some friends in Leicester on the way.
Do you have any preferences as to brand of ale and/or meat?
Chris PTM
p.s mail me your mobile no. off list.

bob - 2/5/02 at 10:13 PM

Chris
I'll drink any old beer me,and as for the meat just pull the horns out and wipe its arse.

Dazza - 2/5/02 at 11:32 PM

me to!!!!!!!! but shave mine to please!!...

Jasper - 3/5/02 at 09:47 AM

1pm at Locost Car Club sound's great, see you there...looks like the weathers gonna be good too..

theconrodkid - 3/5/02 at 04:44 PM

Chris if your bring lamb please make sure she,s still alive or warm and wearing makeup

locodude - 3/5/02 at 05:12 PM

Conrod
No lamb sorry, that's Dave Mac Dave's province. Pork and beef products only. Oh and 24 bottles of Carlsberg!
I'm glad there's no passenger!! It's pretty cramped in there!
Chris PTM
p.s I hope I'm not the only provider of comestibles otherwise it's a trip to the eatery and pub and that would be a shame - NOT!

Jon Ison - 3/5/02 at 05:34 PM

Chris, i assume your takin your phone with ya ? there is a slim chance i will make it down Monday, if the show is on Monday, not realy looked cos dint think i was able to make it, and can i drive in for free if i come down ? Failing that see ya Wednesday, weather permiting, Little Chef, 7pm ? and did you fix ya lights, and wot was it ?, lots a ?????? for you, worse than a woman i am.

bob - 3/5/02 at 05:35 PM

Chris
We've got a load of grub for bar-b both nights i hope and in reserve a fierce chile that warmed the tent up at Stafford.
Dazza have you got the beer,if not there is a good deal on at somerfield on the way.

prensel - 3/5/02 at 08:04 PM

I'll be there on Monday only.
It's a long drive because we leave the Netherlands at 05:00 AM, passing the chunnel and probably be there around 12:00.

BTW, the black Indy kit at MK's boot is mine...(at least after the show..grin)

Paul

Dunc - 4/5/02 at 10:14 AM

Me and my bro are travelling down today, saturday, and camping over. If anyones looking for us we'll be the ones with the tent. so should be ok for meeting at 1 on sunday at the locosty bit. ChrisW should have my mobile no.

locodude - 4/5/02 at 10:38 AM

Dunc
Look out for popemobile, tangerine dream lots of smoke, meat and beer and loutish behaviour. That's us!!
Chris

bob - 6/5/02 at 06:20 PM

Chris

Spot on weekend,exactly as last post.
I think i'll have an early night!!!.

locodude - 6/5/02 at 06:50 PM

Bob
Don't forget the bacon sandwich and burger washed down with a beer for supper.
Chris PTM
(Top weekend!)

bob - 6/5/02 at 06:52 PM

Roll on Newark and Donington

Dazza - 6/5/02 at 08:31 PM

Much fun had by all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Newark here we come!!!!!!!!!! More beer and meat at newark please!!!!!!!