Board logo

mk indy or indy r?
evonigel - 8/4/11 at 11:40 AM

looking for an mk at the moment as previously posted in another thread.Is the indy r worth the higher price tag which they seem to fetch considering i want an mk for road use only?

loggyboy - 8/4/11 at 12:17 PM

For 100% road use its pointless, the benefits of inboard suspension are negligeble if any, and any other changes would have been intended for track benefit. Even if you wanted to do the odd track day, if your keen to pur money else where then dont be to worried about choosing the original chassis (a decent set up and good tyres would probably be a better way to spend the savings and give more benefit)

scootz - 8/4/11 at 12:23 PM

Or what about the elusive... RR!

welderman - 8/4/11 at 12:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Or what about the elusive... RR!

Trust you lol

scootz - 8/4/11 at 12:51 PM

PAUL FISHER - 8/4/11 at 07:49 PM

You need to drive both the Indy and the Indy R, there's a big difference in the ride quality of the two cars, even just for road use, I would go for the Indy R without a doubt. Ive had both the standard Indy, and the Indy R, both great cars on the road and track, but the Indy R feels so much better, if you see the extra work and design that goes into the R chassis I think its a real bargain for the extra cash, its around £600 now when you buy your kit, but the car will be worth around £1500 to £2000 more, when you come to sell it, so its a win win situation if you can stretch to the extra ££££'s

austin man - 8/4/11 at 08:03 PM

as Paul says the Indy is a good car the r is better for road use you should be okay with the standard wishbones saving a bit of cash but losing adjustment.

You have already owned an indy so if you were satisfied with that then have another Indy