Board logo

avon build pics
soggy 3 - 9/10/06 at 12:05 AM

I just found www.tigersportscars.nl dont know how i missed it before,there is a good picture build of an avon.

Avoneer - 9/10/06 at 06:33 AM

Yep.

I just love how much work they had to do with the body - look at all that filling where the flashlines were.

Also, just check out the perfect symetry of the opening pic (and no, it's not the camera or pic taker):

Pat... Rescued attachment Avon_neus_02.jpg
Rescued attachment Avon_neus_02.jpg

Avoneer - 9/10/06 at 06:35 AM

Ooops, did I forget to mention the front shocks that Tiger are still supplying too short and rest on the bump stops at normal ride height?

Pat...

t.j. - 9/10/06 at 07:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
Yep.

I just love how much work they had to do with the body - look at all that filling where the flashlines were.

Also, just check out the perfect symetry of the opening pic (and no, it's not the camera or pic taker):

Pat...

The Netherlands are just between German perfection and beautiful English design.

DaveFJ - 10/10/06 at 08:42 AM

It's quite interesting what he did to extend the drivers footwell for the pedals though.......

Lightning - 10/10/06 at 08:07 PM

Its got wider wishbones but the shocks are half way along the lower bone. Maximum bending. When I extended mine I put in longer shocks that terminated at the hub. I hope those one dont break!!!!

Northy - 17/10/06 at 06:29 PM

Lighning, have you still got details of your wider wishbones?

G

Northy - 17/10/06 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Avoneer
Ooops, did I forget to mention the front shocks that Tiger are still supplying too short and rest on the bump stops at normal ride height?

Pat...

Don't you mean too long Pat?

G

Lightning - 27/11/06 at 09:40 PM

Sorry Northy....

The jig that we made up is now with a builder at "The engine shop" in Torquay. He is going to make some for his car. When he is done with it you could have a lend I dare say.

Steve

Northy - 27/11/06 at 09:57 PM

Cheers Steve, that would be great if it was possible.

Cheers,