Board logo

bec project
desyboy - 29/8/08 at 10:34 PM

hi im thinking about putting a bike engine in a mk1 fiesta, how reliable would a chain drive car be on the road and would a 1000cc be powerful enough ?
the car weighs about 700kg in standard form.

Cheers des

Hellfire - 29/8/08 at 10:41 PM

As the basic MkI came with a 1.1 Ltr anchor - I'd say a 1 ltr race tuned bike engine would be more than capable... just dont try to go backwards!!
Steve

marmot0 - 29/8/08 at 10:56 PM

Check this link out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNDkeX4sTCI

Hellfire - 29/8/08 at 11:12 PM

It an awesome clip but that RR sounds turbocharged to me... when he prepares to donut you can hear it spool up and when he backs off you can hear the dump valve chatter.

Steve

tootall - 29/8/08 at 11:55 PM

yer i saw this long tme ago on youtube defanatly hear a (wast gate) chatter while donutting

TimC - 30/8/08 at 07:50 AM

I can't ever find any pictures of the damn thing but there's a guy from Cardiff with a Blade engined 205 GTI. The engine is up-front however and it's complete with reverse etc. The guy builds trikes for a living and the quality of the work is outstanding. However, it's not that quick due to the weight it's pulling.

phelpsa - 30/8/08 at 09:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
I can't ever find any pictures of the damn thing but there's a guy from Cardiff with a Blade engined 205 GTI. The engine is up-front however and it's complete with reverse etc. The guy builds trikes for a living and the quality of the work is outstanding. However, it's not that quick due to the weight it's pulling.

This one possibly? Spotted at Epynt hillclimb 2007.

Front engine running to rear sierra IRS setup I believe.

desyboy - 1/9/08 at 08:47 PM

does anybody know how reliable a chain diff would be on the road?

KJK - 2/9/08 at 08:33 PM

my cars got a chain diff been on the road over 2 years never had a problem