Board logo

mondeo / zetec question please
romer - 27/3/06 at 08:37 PM

I'm sure I've seen somewhere (but as usually b**gered if I can find it now) a list showing which zetec engines are from what cars.

Basically I would like to know which particular Mondeos had the silver top 2.0 130?ps engine.
Would help to save me having to ask every potenial donor supplier

Have I also seen something somewhere mentioning whether automatic cars are better or worse as engine donors?

Cheers for any help guys

Romer

stevebubs - 27/3/06 at 08:38 PM

MK 1 mondeos had the silvertop

stevebubs - 27/3/06 at 08:39 PM

pre mid-98 BTW

big_wasa - 27/3/06 at 08:43 PM

I think that the 2l is 136ps I also think that the 130 spec is a 1.8 lump. I also think that the 2l silver top was only fitted to the Mondeo.

Thats a lot of thinking

If you use the auto engine you will need the vr housing from a manual block to go with the fly wheel that you will also need.

romer - 27/3/06 at 08:47 PM

Yeah, sorry was the 136ps that I meant.
Don't really think I explained it properly.

What I was looking for, was if anyone knew if say for example something was advertised as a 2.0 glx, would that definitely have the 136 or could it have a lower powered 2.0 in it?

I know I've seen a list somewhere that shows exactly which models would have the 136 in it.

Romer

big_wasa - 27/3/06 at 09:02 PM

A bit more thinking and a bit of surfing sujests that the mk1 mondeo had 136ps and the mk2 mondeo has 130 ps and the mk3 145ps.

I would choose a pre aug95 lump so you dont need a cat

big_wasa - 27/3/06 at 09:07 PM

Are you using the standard induction? If not dont worry. Induction and exhaust will soon have it upto 160bhp +

If there was a 6ps differance between models I would guess it was all down to the map in the ecu, which in a kit you would proberly bin anway.

Imho

rayward - 27/3/06 at 09:35 PM

check HERE

might not be what your after, but some good info anyway

Ray

Mix - 28/3/06 at 07:29 AM

Automatic v manual donor

My engine was from an auto and the only thing I've sourced that I wouldn't have had to if I bought a manual engine was a manual crankshaft position sensor housing

Mick