Board logo

Fibreglass Seat Pics
001Ben - 19/8/09 at 07:32 AM

Hi all,

I am thinking about upgrading my seats to fibreglass seats , has anyone got any pics of their fibreglass seats they would like to share. Where is the best place to buy them from, I have heard of triton and JKcomposites, is there nywhere else?

Thanks
Ben

Mr Whippy - 19/8/09 at 07:43 AM

I have two from MK sports cars which are very comfy

Guinness - 19/8/09 at 07:45 AM

These are Triton's "Witches Hat" seats in my Indy.

Without the pads:-

Triton Bare Seat
Triton Bare Seat

And with the removable inserts (which I padded and covered myself):-

Amateur Padding
Amateur Padding

Overall interior:-

Touring Spec
Touring Spec

Mike

Fozzie - 19/8/09 at 07:58 AM

Triton's 'Wide Boys'

Wide Boys
Wide Boys

Fozzie

cd.thomson - 19/8/09 at 08:07 AM

those tritons look nice, does he do colour matching?

also is that a hooka in the background or a lamp?

Fozzie - 19/8/09 at 08:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
those tritons look nice, does he do colour matching?

also is that a hooka in the background or a lamp?

Just an ordinary lamp....

I am sure he does 'colours' .... drop him a u2u...

Here they are in the car...the pads were made by me.....

Seats4
Seats4

Richard Quinn - 19/8/09 at 09:33 AM

Foz, what have you used for your pads? I have tried a few different "foam" type materials but they all seem to scuff and tear pretty easily.

sucksqueezebangblow - 19/8/09 at 09:36 AM

They look like they are made from camping roll-mats. The type you get from your local outward bound shop.

Humbug - 19/8/09 at 10:34 AM

Here's a pic of my JK Composites seats Rescued attachment 2009-03-29 New seats fitted.JPG
Rescued attachment 2009-03-29 New seats fitted.JPG

Fozzie - 19/8/09 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by sucksqueezebangblow
They look like they are made from camping roll-mats. The type you get from your local outward bound shop.

Nearly, but not quite......it is a lying-down mat....but much thicker......I looked at the camping mats but I could imagine them not lasting long, didn't look that robust, a bit 'slippy' and not that good quality (well not the ones I looked at)! .......

So.......I got a Snap-On one which is 3cms thick.....It is made up of 3 layers, with the thin, middle layer being of a leary colour!

I carefully cut through the layers horizontally, and shaped to fit just using the black bits.

Very comfy..but I prefer a bit more support in the lower back area (op. yonks ago), so for added comfort, I got a 'same' design but smaller, 'kneeling' mat....after making sure the leary colour was green of course, shaped that a bit, but kept the thickness and that is not fastened at all so can be moved to suit.....and it does stay put, it doesn't move around at all.

The lower back pad isn't in the picture.....

HTH Fozzie

Lurch88 - 19/8/09 at 10:50 AM

Got two Mk seats for sale at the mo!
two pics in my Archive ,cant get the main one to stay in there for some reason.

Lurch88 - 19/8/09 at 10:58 AM

There we Go
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=Pair%20Of%20Seats.JPG Rescued attachment Pair Of Seats.JPG
Rescued attachment Pair Of Seats.JPG

Lurch88 - 19/8/09 at 11:01 AM

wow sorry about the size ,for some reason I don't seam to be able to upload a smaller version

orton1966 - 23/8/09 at 01:54 PM

Intrested in seats u2u sent

jeffw - 14/9/09 at 04:51 PM

My Tillett seats in the Phoenix

bigfoot4616 - 14/9/09 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Here's a pic of my JK Composites seats
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=119838&pid=1002334

the alloy brackets on my JK composite seats didn't even last half a day on track. had to make some new ones from steel.

goaty - 14/9/09 at 08:33 PM

i got JK composites with new base mount design, works very well, very strong and weigh nothing. Got 5 pads version too and they are surprisiungly comfy

ZEN - 27/9/09 at 02:49 PM

Here are mine JKcomposites N3942

[Edited on 27/9/09 by ZEN]

ZEN - 28/9/09 at 05:32 PM

I have weighted my seats the floor mount one is 2.5kg and the base mount is 3.5kg with padding

Nash - 28/9/09 at 07:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw

My Tillett seats in the Phoenix

I can vouch for how comfy these are AND they take a wide load!!

Thought I'd say it before anyone else!!!

.......Neil

Hellfire - 29/9/09 at 05:57 PM

MK seats with self adhesive foam pads.

Seat Padding
Seat Padding

Phil

Gazeddy - 29/9/09 at 09:43 PM

will these pass iva and does anyone doe grp ones or are they all very lovely but v expensive cf

cd.thomson - 29/9/09 at 09:58 PM

all apart from the tillett ones are GRP, looking around £190ish I think for a pair from triton/jk composites/mk

jeffw - 30/9/09 at 05:27 AM

The Tillett ones in the pictures are not carbon....these are the cheaper glass ones. The carbon ones look awesome though

neilj37 - 30/9/09 at 07:07 AM

I have similar seats to Zen with the JK Composites pads which are plain black without the red edge trim.