Board logo

Billy no mates tents?
02GF74 - 5/8/09 at 06:46 PM

one men tent

Well recommended. Lighweight, compact and perfect for keeping rain of your bonce when camping at shows, will fit in a 7.

PS I have two* so am twice as sad as any of you.

* there is a story behind that.

huskychaser - 5/8/09 at 06:54 PM

You look two tents!!

MikeRJ - 5/8/09 at 09:52 PM

If they come back in stock then this is a very good deal, no more messing about with bendy carbon rods in the rain, 5 seconds to put up, 30 seconds to put away (sounds somehow familiar...)

robinj66 - 6/8/09 at 06:42 AM

MMMM ^^^ Had great fun at Le Mans last year watching a couple of people trying to put those thngs down - 30 seconds indeed

MikeRJ - 6/8/09 at 08:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by robinj66
MMMM ^^^ Had great fun at Le Mans last year watching a couple of people trying to put those thngs down - 30 seconds indeed

If you don't follow the instructions EXACTLY (i.e. any male user) they can be quite confusing to put away, but they are dead easy if you know how to do it.

wilkingj - 6/8/09 at 10:09 AM

Always buy a tent sized for one more person than you are actually going to use it for.
That way you have room to put your spare kit etc.

Also undressing inside a one man tent it only for contortionists. OR for exibitionists (they undress outside the tent)

MakeEverything - 6/8/09 at 12:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by robinj66

If you don't follow the instructions EXACTLY (i.e. any male user) they can be quite confusing to put away, but they are dead easy if you know how to do it.

Weve got one, and the missus cant fold it up so i have to do it when they get home! Its not incredibly waterproof, but a nice shade in the searing 1h of sunshine we get every summer. They take it to athletics and use it there. Great idea if you have kids or kit to put somewhere.

[Edited on 6/8/09 by MakeEverything]

Peteff - 6/8/09 at 04:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj
Also undressing inside a one man tent it only for contortionists. OR for exibitionists (they undress outside the tent)

Who gets undressed while camping ? You'll be washing next you big girl

Quechua tents from Decathlon work the same as those Outwells, linky dink

[Edited on 6/8/09 by Peteff]